Multitasking with 2 Chrome Windows

IUFLA

Nov 8, 2019
Visit site
One other thing, when I open Chrome in split window, it doesn't look nearly as big as it does in your screenshots. Mine only opens on about a quarter of the screen...your looked like about half...screenshot for reference

Attachments

• 2943.jpg
    2943.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
One other thing, when I open Chrome in split window, it doesn't look nearly as big as it does in your screenshots. Mine only opens on about a quarter of the screen...your looked like about half...screenshot for reference
You can slide the middle line up and down making one of the windows bigger. Careful or you will close it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the first time you try to split two Chrome tabs you need to have another app on the other window to get the Move option available. This option seems available the next time you try the same with no need to have the other app opened.

Mmmm, confusing, right? :)
Hey I got it now , I'm not doing again

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried on a Note 10, gotta have a second app in split screen first. Tried on a Tab S6, you don't need to (same on DeX mode on the Tab). Weeeeeird. But hey, now you know! :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Huh...I can only get 1 position, about a quarter way from the top. No matter how far I pull down, it goes back to that position
Oh well, we officially entered a rabbit hole :D

Does the same happen with any kind of app or only with Chrome? Try the same pages with a different browser and see what happens.

IUFLA

Nov 8, 2019
Visit site
Also, see if clearing cache for the Pixel launcher makes any difference.

Cleared Pixel Launcher cache, no difference. Tried Microsoft Edge browser, and it did not have the option to "move to another window" with either 1 tab or more open. That wasn't a surprise.
Also, cannot resize split windows with any app. Can't do it with one app, and can't do it with split windows showing 2 apps either. Stays right in the middle.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Cleared Pixel Launcher cache, no difference. Tried Microsoft Edge browser, and it did not have the option to "move to another window" with either 1 tab or more open. That wasn't a surprise.
Also, cannot resize split windows with any app. Can't do it with one app, and can't do it with split windows showing 2 apps either. Stays right in the middle.
I tried all the different things with Brave, my main browser, and everything works fine. I can open a different tab with an empty screen and I can resize both windows with no problems. Who knows what's the difference between devices.

Joster222

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
I think you are missing a step. Try this way.

- Put Chrome in split window.
- In that split window press the Tab icon, open a different one and tap the three dots menu.
- Select Move to other Window.

Now you can switch between tabs/pages on each window.

Just stumbled upon this forum looking exactly for this.
Thank you and also thanks to SpookDroid for the initial answer!

Just wanted to say I've got the same brand as you (OP6), but same as IUFLA I can't move a chrome tab to the 2nd window if is empty.

I guess it's just different android versions? I'm running 10.3 atm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech