Been having this issue with Android backup for a while now even since Android 9 on my Sony xz-2 and now the same thing on my OnePlus 70 pro McLaren edition. With Android 10. Is anyone else having issues where the backup now button is grayed out and it seems that the only way that seems to fix it is you have to plug into the computer with Android development kit and do some command code source to force the backup and then it seems to work. But then I just ran into that cool play games don't work if you do that. I had to clear Google play services which then resend me back to my Google backup not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-29-2019 10:29 PM
    I back up in one of two ways:

TWRP is the easiest way, if there's a version for your phone. Boot to recovery, backup, come back when it's done, reboot normally, copy the backup file to anywhere else (a PC, Drive, anything.)

Backing up an Android Device if you want to do it manually.
    12-30-2019 01:01 PM
    appreciate the information put Android backup should be working. there is a workaround but it seems to break Google play games. I'm taking about Google backup that Android supposed to do
    12-30-2019 11:41 PM