Notification for downloaded applications from play store

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I know there's going to sound a little weird, but whenever I download new applications from my play store, I don't see the check mark in the top left of my screen to notify me that the application it's really downloaded and installed on my phone. I have to swipe up on the app drawer And look for the application. I've checked all my notification settings for my play store in the notification settings menu.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have one for Finished Downloads, but I don't see that in your list.

Maybe try clearing defaults for the app?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll give that a shot. Yeah I saw that as well. I don't know why I don't have one for finish downloads.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean clearing the cache (although that was still worth a try). I meant going to the Settings>Apps, selecting Play Store, then Advanced, then Open By Default, then Clear Defaults.

If you cleared the cache, then it's also worth clearing the app data as well.

I'm thinking it's a glitch, though, since I don't recall seeing an "App installed" notification consistently for the last few months or so either. Send feedback to Google.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This has been a bug affecting different phones and different Play Store versions. So far I haven't seen any definite solution and changing priority for the Play Store notifications don't fix it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This has been a bug affecting different phones and different Play Store versions. So far I haven't seen any definite solution and changing priority for the Play Store notifications don't fix it.
okay, didn't even realize it might have been a potential bug. Hopefully there's a fix soon for it. I mean, not a major major issue just kind of annoying sometimes.
You can uninstall the update see if previous version works
Yeah, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar