Thoughts about pixel 5

Huaweip30pro

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Needs to catch up to Huawei P30 Pro, incredible zoom, battery life, night camera, charging speed, wide camera. The 4 was no match, and way overpriced. So after my 2XL I chose the Huawei but I wish the 4 were reasonably priced and as advanced as the Huawei Pro P30.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to a late-October/early-November launch then people flipping out because they phone went on sale for Black Friday.

DesmoK

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
I know someone might have it already, based on my luck, but a small Samsung Galaxy S9 like bezel at the bottom. Put the camera there, and if you are used to the top, you could flip the phone to take selfies.

Johnathan Callum

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Google Pixel 5 wish list is mainly hardware, since I feel the software is pretty solid on the pixel and they continue to provide solid updates.

• improved video recording
• a wide angle or Marco camera lens
• improved telephoto lens, zoom should have a higher distance with clarity
• improved battery size (+4000 mha)
• faster charging, min 20W (reverse charging isn't required)
• improved android beam
• bring back unlimited cloud storage or bump up built in storage to start at 128gb
• soli 2.0 and face id 2.0
• remove the orange colour and bring a mid night blue or forest green. Not so pink was a very hot colour choice, but orange is just so loud and bright

I feel the Google pixel 4 was a solid device, but it missed the mark in a couple of area's. All that being said, price point needs to be lower. The price NEEDs to undercut apple and Samsung by $50-100 or the device will continue to fail.

DeckyDew

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
- 120 hz display
- Telephoto, Ultra-Wide, and at least 12mp standard camera.
- Way larger battery
- Optional 5G (Choice between LTE and 5G)
- WAY MORE PROJECT SOLI SUPPORT!!!! Project Soli has so much capability to change the way we interact with technology and Google isn't using to its full potenial.
- 4k 60 fps. Jesus christ, Google! It's not that hard!
- Concept Micro-LED display. (This would be akin to the Mi Mix Alpha, it's not meant for the average consumer.)
Keep in mind this is my dream phone and it would cost around the same as the Galaxy S20. But if somehow the price could be brought down to a max of around $1200 that would be decent.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You have a point! I just registered my index fingers on my S10. But I remember how easy it was to unlock my Pixel 2 with just a swift movement of my index finger.

Perhaps I'll revise my previous statement: if it had a fingerprint scanner or in-display fingerprint reader, I'd be game. I just think not having fingerprint biometrics in some form or another would be a huge dealbreaker for me.
I use an iphone Xr for work and I don't miss an FPS at all. Apple has a fantastic face unlock.

DroidudeAZ

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My wish list for the Pixel 5 would be these requests, a wide angle camera on the back and front, the return of the fingerprint sensor, 2 front firing stereo speakers and the 3.5mm headphone jack. I would love to see base storage at 128GB or maybe even 256GB. Increase RAM to 8GB. Any more than that is overkill. Go with the best processor that can be sourced (the Pixel 4 shipped with a SD 855 not the 855+ which was available). The last thing I can think of, make the device a millimeter thicker and drastically increase the size of the batteries, perhaps 4,000 maH on the smaller Pixel 5 and 5,000 maH on the XL. There's no reason why Google can't do these things. If some or most of these changes could be a done and the device was designed well, Google would likely have a winner on their hands. Oh, one last thing, increase screen brightness, Pixel's are awful to use outside and they shouldn't be for the price Google asks for them... Lets hope.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use an iphone Xr for work and I don't miss an FPS at all. Apple has a fantastic face unlock.

I wouldn't mind testing out Apple's Face Unlock at some point... Without buying an Apple product. Maybe I'll have a friend or relative show me instead. 🤣