Double-Tap Wake/Sleep on Android 10

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way (an app, tasker task, hidden setting) to enable the Double-Tap Wake/Sleep feature on Android 10?

I've seen this enabled on some custom ROM's, but using stock Android 10 on one of my devices. My old Android 8.1 stock had this enabled too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moderators: "Android 10" is still not listed in the Categories when posting. Thanks.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way (an app, tasker task, hidden setting) to enable the Double-Tap Wake/Sleep feature on Android 10?

I've seen this enabled on some custom ROM's, but using stock Android 10 on one of my devices. My old Android 8.1 stock had this enabled too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moderators: "Android 10" is still not listed in the Categories when posting. Thanks.
there are applications from the play store to enable this but it's always a back end process you're running in the background. And could use a lot more battery than you wanted the phone to be using. As it is, double tap to waje feature isn't reliable or consistent which I turned off months ago.

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
How are you posting -- using one of the apps, or the desktop forum site?

Do you want me to move this to the Android 10 forum?

The Desktop Forum site. I scrolled and didn't see it (just about every other version though). Yes please move this to Android 10, B. Diddy. Thanks. I'll be hunting for new glasses in the meantime.

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
there are applications from the play store to enable this but it's always a back end process you're running in the background. And could use a lot more battery than you wanted the phone to be using. As it is, double tap to waje feature isn't reliable or consistent which I turned off months ago.

I was afraid of that. My old Android 8.1 device's double-tap works so well. Wish there was a way to "enable" it...but I would like it to be reliable too.

oh well. Thanks for the info.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I was afraid of that. My old Android 8.1 device's double-tap works so well. Wish there was a way to "enable" it...but I would like it to be reliable too.

Which phone do you have? That double tap to wake is only available on some brands, independently of the Android Version.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

yeah.. I've tried double tap to wake feature on my Pixel 3 XL. It'll work for a little bit and then not work it's so annoying so I just use the power button to check notification of my lock screen.

freeyo

Q&A Team
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have double tap to wake on galaxy s10+. It works flawless on it. Do not know of something for double tap sleep though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, on your Galaxy S10, I'm glad to hear that double tap to wake and double tap to sleep features work flawlessly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same, on Note10+ - it's the only way to wake the phone other than a side button, but it works great.
That's sweet! Yeah I'll admit that feature on pixel phones is pretty unreliable and inconsistent. I've just gotten used to hitting the power button on my always on ambient display to light up my lock screen.