New beta is out to squash bugs!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed it a couple times. I mean of course not a big deal as long as you know what to do. By pressing only the power button for a few seconds it'll quickly reboot the phone again but just something I noticed. Just almost as if the phone gets stuck in a bootloader mode.
Your on the pix 3xl maybe some issue on that , I'm on 4xl

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed it a couple times. I mean of course not a big deal as long as you know what to do. By pressing only the power button for a few seconds it'll quickly reboot the phone again but just something I noticed. Just almost as if the phone gets stuck in a bootloader mode.
I have a keyboard bug, just noticed.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Probably a lot of factors/variables that I don't understand.
What's the best part of the beta?
honestly, so far the best part of the beta is the music widget shortcut which Google has to refine a little bit obviously... Also the screenshot in overview screen and I'm waiting for bubbles for Android messaging! Also, the smoothness / responsiveness, and the battery life of Android 11 beta 1 isn't too shabby so far!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
honestly, so far the best part of the beta is the music widget shortcut which Google has to refine a little bit obviously... Also the screenshot in overview screen and I'm waiting for bubbles for Android messaging! Also, the smoothness / responsiveness, and the battery life of Android 11 beta 1 isn't too shabby so far!

Well, I’m downloading it now so you guys better be right or I’m coming to your house!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can’t seem to get the music controls.
Enabled developer mode, turned on media resumption, rebooted my device, playing some music from google music.....nothing.
Rebooted again but still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Never mind, I had notifications turned off for Google Play.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can’t seem to get the music controls.
Enabled developer mode, turned on media resumption, rebooted my device, playing some music from google music.....nothing.
Rebooted again but still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Never mind, I had notifications turned off for Google Play.
I heard you dude and developer settings, there are those two options that you must check off to get it to work. Lol. However, I will say this much: to get the music widget/media widget to console and play you always have to keep the music play/pause. That's the part that I think Google has to polish up a little bit.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how many of us here use the predictions in Android 11 pixel launcher for predicting which app we're going to use in home screen settings? I have it enabled.