New beta is out to squash bugs!

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am running Android 11 Beta 1.5 on my Pixel 4 XL and there are no major issues. The only issue is that WiFi Calling on T-Mobile is very unreliable. It doesn't automatically switch to WiFi calling anymore when it connects to a WiFi network. I have also found that sending text and making outbound calls hit or miss. Everything works as they should when connected to LTE, but not on WiFi calling. Until this is resolved, I might keep WiFi calling deactivated. Anyone else?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am running Android 11 Beta 1.5 on my Pixel 4 XL and there are no major issues. The only issue is that WiFi Calling on T-Mobile is very unreliable. It doesn't automatically switch to WiFi calling anymore when it connects to a WiFi network. I have also found that sending text and making outbound calls hit or miss. Everything works as they should when connected to LTE, but not on WiFi calling. Until this is resolved, I might keep WiFi calling deactivated. Anyone else?
No, honestly the only hiccup bug that I've seen on Android 11 beta 1.5 is the fact that when I'm using split screen mode with the phone dialer app and any other app on my phone The phone dialer app says it's crashing but the call doesn't disconnect, and it goes wonky. I've submitted a bug report to Google beta program etc etc etc. However, other than that, not much else.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm considering jumping on the beta when the next release drops. From what I'm reading here, the beta is very stable all things considered. What is the estimate for the next release?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering jumping on the beta when the next release drops. From what I'm reading here, the beta is very stable all things considered. What is the estimate for the next release?
You , all things considered, it is pretty stable as a beta one.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
You , all things considered, it is pretty stable as a beta one.

That's why I'm ready to jump on board earlier than I usually would. Beta 2 should be pretty much flawless. I've usually waited for one of the final release candidates in the past.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
If you depend on WiFi calling because of weak wireless signals in your primary areas, I would hold off. This feature worked flawlessly and seamlessly on both my Android 10 devices, but does not work reliably on the Pixel 4 XL/Android 11 beta 1.5. Good luck

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's why I'm ready to jump on board earlier than I usually would. Beta 2 should be pretty much flawless. I've usually waited for one of the final release candidates in the past.
Yeah, I hear you! Honestly versus Android 10 beta one, this one is much more stable. For example in the last beta program, my Android auto wouldn't work at all. This time it's working. Issues here and there but it's still working thank God.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so here's an interesting observation regarding Android 11 beta 1 so far... If you are in landscape mode in YouTube and you swipe up to go in the picture and picture mode, sometimes the picture and picture picture mode little screen window will freeze up and you have to relaunch YouTube from your app draw. However, if you switch back to portrait mode then swipe up for picture and picture mode that little screen window does not crash.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, wonder when we're going to get chat bubbles for Android messaging? Especially in the beta form... we were supposed to get it this past two weeks or so...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just got chat bubbles for Android messaging beta enabled on my Pixel 3 XL! although there wasn't an actual update for Android messaging in my play store my app session, it was more of a Google application beta update.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Chat heads.... for those who have had a problem enabling chat heads on their pixel, you may want to look at the attached screenshot and make sure that you've toggled on the correct radio buttonScreenshot_20200706-174837.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Chat heads.... for those who have had a problem enabling chat heads on their pixel, you may want to look at the attached screenshot and make sure that you've toggled on the correct radio buttonView attachment 322275
You'll be up, so far, I'm loving that trade heads! Very interactive, and they're always on top of the application I'm using! The one thing that I find really confusing and annoying for the conversation section of the new notification shade, is that even if you have a running conversation thread with some people in your notification shade, the second you tap on your Android messages application on your home screen, those running conversations in your notification shade auto dismiss. With the chat heads on your home screen, that's not the case!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so for chat bubbles, Android messaging beta now works with chat bubbles even though it's buggy which is great! Does anyone know if there's a way to force Hangouts to have chat bubbles though? I mean for example, I know that Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, telegram applications have bubbles enabled, but I'm curious about Hangouts, and Slack for example. I mean in the notification settings for these applications, it says that bubbles aren't able, but I just don't see them when I get an incoming notification from them that's why...

I've noticed that fright now, in beta 2, for the Android messages chat bubbles, without them crashing, the os can I only handle about 1 at a time smoothly. Sometimes it can handle a few at a time, but really just 1 at a time. Lol

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, last night, i figured i would try messing around with the beta version of Google Play Services on my phone. I didn't have the correct beta version though to try out the "nearby sharing" feature like Apple's Airdrop feature. Well, as it turns out the Google Play Services beta version I had enrolled in made my applications janky and not smooth at all to use on my phone. So, basically, I just had to leave that beta group and re-boot my phone and everything seems back to normal again. There is another beta version of the Google Play Services core application that you can try and download (obviously if you feel risky enough lol) and install on your phone to try and enable the nearby sharing features on the back-end server and whatnot.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, just submit another bug report to Google check it out:
44a8970db5e7aa424834866b867874cc.jpg
a6193a1fb47237da14e1e96460fd53a9.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay