Carrier Services battery usage.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, as the name implies, I wonder why my carrier usage is so high for battery usage? Anyone have any thoughts? I mean I know carrier services is Google's RCS to enable chat Services, but why is it at 36% battery?
5bde0dc5618a4029e64f5bdbfede9f2e.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah , did you had this issue in android 10 or im thinking someone else?
no, I think you're right. I had the same issue in Android 10. Where carriers services was using a lot more battery, than it should have been. Well, I'll have to see how it goes on this battery charge now. I'll let you know what happens. I mean I know it enables Google's RCS chat services on the back end. So, I'll just have to see what happens... I got a person I told you in the past, it seems almost meaningless to me because I only use RCS chat services with maybe two people in my life. Lol it is what it is you know that...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
no, I think you're right. I had the same issue in Android 10. Where carriers services was using a lot more battery, than it should have been. Well, I'll have to see how it goes on this battery charge now. I'll let you know what happens. I mean I know it enables Google's RCS chat services on the back end. So, I'll just have to see what happens... I got a person I told you in the past, it seems almost meaningless to me because I only use RCS chat services with maybe two people in my life. Lol it is what it is you know that...
Yeah thought I remember , yeah its weird its having this high usage but let's see after you clear it up how it behaves.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thought I remember , yeah its weird its having this high usage but let's see after you clear it up how it behaves.
See, right now, the car service is part of my phone is fine. I don't know why it had such high battery usage yesterday though. Nothing was out of the norm, and I didn't do anything differently.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
See, right now, the car service is part of my phone is fine. I don't know why it had such high battery usage yesterday though. Nothing was out of the norm, and I didn't do anything differently.
Any recent updates maybe causing this that you remember?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Let's see in next couple battery cycles
hey Mr mustang dude, here's another screenshot I just took right now of my battery usage. Carrier services is at the top of the list at 12% battery consumption right now. I don't understand why. Not even able to clear storage or cache on it which is weird. I mean I honestly just don't understand why....
714773b3a7b26e7a5e7dbf0c0651e468.jpg
62f8879d30e9b7c068326938036359dd.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you uninstall the update ?
well, that's what I was doing yesterday. Honestly though dude, I might just have to do that again now. Because this carrier services battery consumption is starting to drive me nuts again... I don't even know why it's happening. I don't even have allow automatic updates from carrier services enabled! For example, what is your battery stats for carrier services look like on your phones?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
well, that's what I was doing yesterday. Honestly though dude, I might just have to do that again now. Because this carrier services battery consumption is starting to drive me nuts again... I don't even know why it's happening. I don't even have allow automatic updates from carrier services enabled! For example, what is your battery stats for carrier services look like on your phones?
I have to check and report back , are you having battery issues ?