android 11 go-search bar smack dab where I dont want it..on the home screen

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
so, I got a schok volt sv55 care of assurance wireless, its fully up to date software wise on android 11 go.

the problem I'm having..is the google search bar on the home screen.

I cant move it, I cant remove it, I dont want it there.

how do I make it go byebye without resorting to installing a custom launcher?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Give GCA Launcher a try. The problem with Android Go is that not all apps that typically work on a standard Android phone will be compatible. But GCA is designed to work on Android Go as well.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site

yeah, that was the first resource I tried consulting, and some bing/google searches pretty much came up with bubkiss. so I came here.

Give GCA Launcher a try. The problem with Android Go is that not all apps that typically work on a standard Android phone will be compatible. But GCA is designed to work on Android Go as well.

yeah..I'm going to try this out, since I'm beginning to wonder if nova launcher isn't responsible for this thing liking to reset itself once a day.

if I can't get a handle on this uncommanded restart problem under control, I'll be reaching out to assurance wireless for a replacement device.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
update:

GCA launcher...is...incredibly inflexible.
I have not just one..but TWO search bars, my command bar at the bottom is dark and its pretty hard to spot the icons, and I'm at a complete loss for how to get both of those off. I cant get half the menus to scroll to get at options I can tell are there.. this is not a great launcher.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I actually like how hyperion looks in the screenshots, so I'll likely move to that..once the replacement device gets here.

turns out the uncommanded restart issue I was battling with...didn't go away with a factory reset. so I contacted the carrier, they're sending a replacement device. i'll update this thread after I've received it, with the results of my testing of hyperion.