how to eliminate exceedingly annoying notification sound.

Dec 4, 2021
Visit site
My Android T-Mobile Android 11 REVVL V+ makes what I call the Darth Vader sound probably 20 times a day. It is hard to nail down exactly when it makes this sound but with fair consistency it is associated with the receipt of a text notification and some other notifications. I have listened to every sound that I can find listed in my phone and none of them is the same as the Darth Vader sound. I can get rid of the sound by selecting do not disturb but that is not satisfactory as it causes me to miss all other notifications that are necessary. How can I go into the bowels of this left ear phone and turn that exceedingly ugly sound off. Yes, I realized this sound would probably not bother some people at all. I am who I am and it is exceedingly annoying.

Please treat this as a post from somebody who is very very new to Android Central. I am willing to learn and to comply to standards here but would also appreciate a little bit of patience and latitude.

I very much appreciate your help.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
You can edit the sound through your phone settings. Open settings and look for sounds. It will be in there somewhere under notification sound or something similar. There will be a list of different sounds to choose from. Just like your ringtone. Look at mine below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-023411_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-023411_Settings.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220603-023418_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-023418_Settings.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6
Dec 4, 2021
Visit site
This is what I see under settings.
well I can't show you because I get a message it says Android Central it's not allow for postings here. where can I go to post my screenshots and you can see what I have and don't have on my phone?

Dec 4, 2021
Visit site
the only list of sounds I have is under ringtones. I play every ringtone and none of them sound like the Darth Vader sound that I'm trying to remove. again there's no other list of sounds from which I can remove the Darth Vader sound. the only way to turn this sound off is to select do not disturb and that's not acceptable. to get an answer this I'm going to have to go deeper somehow. Can someone tell me how to go deeper?

Thanks for the previous reply. my experience is that it may take several replies to get to the bottom of this issue.