Why have my regular contacts disappeared from my contacts list?

Bobby 555

Nov 20, 2021
Visit site
I keep losing some of my contacts from my Contacts App. It seems that when I find one I lost, it's an older one. What's happening and can I retrieve these lost contacts? Keep in mind that I only find out that I've lost a contact when I go to look them up (call them). For all I know, I could have lost a ton of contacts and never know it until I try to look them up. I'm using Android 11. This also happened on my last phone so this isn't something new!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone? Are these contacts you're saving to your Google account, the local Phone account, or some other account? I always recommend saving contacts to your Google account, which makes them sync automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud. They are then easily accessible on any device that you sign into with that same Google account.

Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser. Do you see the contacts there?

Also, your Contacts app should give you the option to select which account to use when displaying contacts (or just to show contacts from all accounts). Which contacts app are you using?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I keep losing some of my contacts from my Contacts App. It seems that when I find one I lost, it's an older one. What's happening and can I retrieve these lost contacts? Keep in mind that I only find out that I've lost a contact when I go to look them up (call them). For all I know, I could have lost a ton of contacts and never know it until I try to look them up. I'm using Android 11. This also happened on my last phone so this isn't something new!
Which device? That we we can put u in a specific forum for better help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21