What features and improvements are you most looking forward to in Android 11?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Better compatibility between full gestures and third party launchers. The first DP didn't include any change on this, unfortunately.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the iOS-like Permissions changes.

I'm not looking forward to Chat Head-style messaging.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

I like the Chat Head style but hopefully, it's an optional thing. I wouldn't really want it on all the time.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Also hyped about the permissions. If the chat heads aren't optional for whatever reason, I'm moving off Android until they are.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also hyped about the permissions. If the chat heads aren't optional for whatever reason, I'm moving off Android until they are.
I honestly don't even use chat bubbles now and had a disabled and Android 10 beta. But I am looking forward to a super organized notification shade, and the ability to bring back accidentally dismissed notifications. Other than that, yeah the permissions, and resizable picture and picture mode.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard too much about the Android 11 release or anything to expect so all of this is kind of eye opening for me. I currently use Google Messages with the chat bubble type of display. It's Ok, but it's not great. Not sure what could be done to make it better but I seemed to like it better when I used to have Facebook and Messenger for some reason.

I would like the accidental recovery of notifications if that's a thing. I get to swiping and sometimes take it too far. For me it's not a deal breaker either way.

So what's the deal with iOS "type" permissions? How does iOS do it differently? I've noticed since A10 that there seems to be emphasis on location all of the sudden. For two weeks almost every app that opened asked how I wanted to handle location. I still get every once in awhile and for a short time I had one app that just seemed to insist on having its status changed. As far as permissions go I do kind of miss internet access being a permission. I haven't noticed any data hogs and I have unlimited but I also don't' feel everything needs internet at will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech