Android 12 beta now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has halved since I moved to the beta. It was 2 days on Android 11 and went to a day and a half on beta 1. I have reset my phone and am definitely getting less battery life than I was. Usually 50% after a day of battery I am at 46% at 18 hours and 39 minutes. I have been setting it back up so hoping it will stabilise once I have charged it a few times.

I don't know why, I'm not complaining about my battery life whatsoever, but damn. Right now I don't know why, better life is freaking awesome.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
That’s great for your battery life, Bonus! Unlike an iOS update, man those people over there whine about poor - after update battery life. That’s usually one of the top macrumors questions after a new update is released. “How’s the battery life?” Haha. My 4a is about the same, can’t really tell any diff yet. But it has always been great since I got it so happy about that.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My 4XL battery life has always been great for me, based on my usage. With Beta 2 it's about the same, maybe slightly better. But definitely not worse for me (knocks on wood ).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't get it either myself. I will say that the battery life on beta 2 for some reason is awesome. There's no doubt about it.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That’s great for your battery life, Bonus! Unlike an iOS update, man those people over there whine about poor - after update battery life. That’s usually one of the top macrumors questions after a new update is released. “How’s the battery life?” Haha. My 4a is about the same, can’t really tell any diff yet. But it has always been great since I got it so happy about that.

I think it’s very random on both OS’s. Some people suffer from poor battery life after an update, most don’t.
I’m running 12 beta 2 on my Pixel 4a and 15 beta 2 on my IPhone 11 Pro, both without battery problems. I’m not sure anyone can figure it out.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it’s very random on both OS’s. Some people suffer from poor battery life after an update, most don’t.
I’m running 12 beta 2 on my Pixel 4a and 15 beta 2 on my IPhone 11 Pro, both without battery problems. I’m not sure anyone can figure it out.

Yeah I'll definitely agree with you regarding that on battery life for sure.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I’m running both betas as well and see no problem with battery on either. A head scratcher for sure as to why some have it and not all. I’ve generally been of the opinion that it has something to do with which phone model your using and possibly a rogue app. I generally have the phone with fewer bells and whistles and keep it pretty lean concerning apps. Might be why I’ve never had beta battery issues.
BTW, where’d you get a beta 2 on your iPhone? Or is that a typo?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I’m running both betas as well and see no problem with battery on either. A head scratcher for sure as to why some have it and not all. I’ve generally been of the opinion that it has something to do with which phone model your using and possibly a rogue app. I generally have the phone with fewer bells and whistles and keep it pretty lean concerning apps. Might be why I’ve never had beta battery issues.
BTW, where’d you get a beta 2 on your iPhone? Or is that a typo?

Sorry, I was mixing it up with Android.

I run lean also, compared to most people, and believe this might have something to do with it. Less apps to be a potential problem.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Quick tap is working on my 4a 5G and I have set it for screenshot. Excellent news. Heard it only worked on the pixel 5. The gif shows the screenshot being taken after I tap the back.

Having done 2 resets, my bugs seemed ironed out. Instagram is working, keyboard working in bubbles and I think the culprit was an app called meteor swipes. I have only installed necessary apps this time, as my Samsung has all my major apps like banking etc, and things seem to be going well finally. Am running standard pixel launcher now.
cd8d138890873d900b60df10b0b37383.gif
Just an update. From Engadget:
"With Android 12 Beta 2, the feature has been activated on Google’s Pixel 5 — and some Pixel 4a 5G units — without any trickery needed."

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone else not seeing any notification dots on the Messages app icon? My text notifications work fine in the notification tray and lock screen, no issues there. But I stopped seeing the notification dot on Messages as soon as I switched to Beta 2. I have verified notification dot is turned on in every Setting I can find, cleared cache for Messages, restarted phone and they still don't appear. I sent a bug report to Google Issue Tracker. I can live with it since I see notifications, just used to seeing the notification dot on the app icon.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else not seeing any notification dots on the Messages app icon? My text notifications work fine in the notification tray and lock screen, no issues there. But I stopped seeing the notification dot on Messages as soon as I switched to Beta 2. I have verified notification dot is turned on in every Setting I can find, cleared cache for Messages, restarted phone and they still don't appear. I sent a bug report to Google Issue Tracker. I can live with it since I see notifications, just used to seeing the notification dot on the app icon.
I just had my wife text me from the other end of the couch...
No dot or Bubble.
EDIT: Just checked settings, Dot was turned off. Turned it on and it works. Still no Bubbles.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I just had my wife text me from the other end of the couch...
No dot or Bubble.
EDIT: Just checked settings, Dot was turned off. Turned it on and it works. Still no Bubbles.
That's odd. Bubbles work fine for me, but dots don't. I guess that's why it's called a beta version, not 100% ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary