Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

07-14-2021 03:38 PM
758 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    To actually test your reported experience I've left the Google beta test and have installed the public version. After installing the public version I cleared the cache and rebooted the phone while on the charger to start with a clean slate. So time will tell.
    Weekends aren't the best days to compare since I'm not working and do spend much more time using the phone than on weekdays.
    That's a good test. It's interesting, because so far in my testing, and my batter stats my Google app is using less battery than the beta version did.
    Attached Thumbnails Android 12 beta now available.-screenshot_20210619-114751.jpg  
    06-19-2021 10:48 AM
    That's a good test. It's interesting, because so far in my testing, and my batter stats my Google app is using less battery than the beta version did.
    Actually I was mistaken. It's Chrome that is the battery hog, not Google.
    During the work week the biggest battery drain (ironically) are phone calls. Since I work from home my Pixel 4a is my work phone as well as personal. I have Google Fi and use wifi calling exclusively while at home. So Monday will start the real test.
    06-20-2021 03:54 AM
    Actually I was mistaken. It's Chrome that is the battery hog, not Google.
    During the work week the biggest battery drain (ironically) are phone calls. Since I work from home my Pixel 4a is my work phone as well as personal. I have Google Fi and use wifi calling exclusively while at home. So Monday will start the real test.
    you know, I noticed that as well. I disabled chrome as well. I’m trying out brave browser as well. Seeing how that browser does on battery power.
    06-20-2021 05:05 AM
    you know, I noticed that as well. I disabled chrome as well. I’m trying out brave browser as well. Seeing how that browser does on battery power.
    I'm not going to disable Chrome because I use it on my laptop and my computer at work. I'll just live with the battery drain since its been on my phone from day one.
    06-20-2021 06:01 AM
    I did that on both my phones. Moved from chrome to Brave. There was not much difference in battery use but Brave is faster and stops tracking and ads. For that I prefer it.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-20-2021 06:41 AM
    I did that on both my phones. Moved from chrome to Brave. There was not much difference in battery use but Brave is faster and stops tracking and ads. For that I prefer it.
    Yeah, I’m noticing that as well as far as the ads are concerned. The only slight issue that I might have with brave is that chrome has the password auto fill feature. I know that brave has that feature as well, however, all of my information is in chrome already. Im still using brave for the moment now though.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    06-20-2021 08:40 AM
    Yeah, I’m noticing that as well as far as the ads are concerned. The only slight issue that I might have with brave is that chrome has the password auto fill feature. I know that brave has that feature as well, however, all of my information is in chrome already. Im still using brave for the moment now though.
    I had the same issue
    06-20-2021 01:55 PM
    I had the same issue
    Yeah, I mean I know that I can't have it both ways between Brave browser, and Chrome. I'm still using Brave for now though.
    06-20-2021 02:00 PM
    Try Samsung browser on phone. It is pretty good with controls at the bottom and extensions like ad blocker can be added. Also, you can use it's extension on desktop chrome and open the tabs.
    06-21-2021 10:36 AM
    Gotha. Thanks, I'll certainly have to keep that in mind. That's for sure.
    06-21-2021 10:38 AM
    I notice when I type something the suggested word now is highlighted with a blue shade, was gray previously. My wallpaper is mostly blue. I like it, subtle but slick.
    06-21-2021 01:04 PM
    I notice when I type something the suggested word now is highlighted with a blue shade, was gray previously. My wallpaper is mostly blue. I like it, subtle but slick.
    Yeah, you're right. I noticed the same thing about a day or so ago. I'm just waiting for the dynamic auto-theming to hit Gboard as well as Google messages.
    06-21-2021 01:05 PM
    Yeah, you're right. I noticed the same thing about a day or so ago. I'm just waiting for the dynamic auto-theming to hit Gboard as well as Google messages.
    Yeah just noticed it last night. Perhaps we are being treated to some crumbs ahead of the full deal.
    06-21-2021 01:08 PM
    Yeah just noticed it last night. Perhaps we are being treated to some crumbs ahead of the full deal.
    Hehe, that's an good analogy there. Yeah Google stop making us follow breadcrumbs and just give us the auto dimming finally! Haha
    06-21-2021 01:16 PM
    I noticed that a couple days ago. I'm not sure I like it as I have my keyboard blue. The highlighted word is in a much lighter shade of blue and doesn't standout as well as before. I barely noticed it when it happened. I hope there will be a way to make it darker.
    eric002 likes this.
    06-21-2021 01:21 PM
    Newsweek: Google Keeps Stopping on Android Phones As Users Report Issues.
    https://www.newsweek.com/google-down...phones-1602797

I noticed this, but it was on the Google app beta version in my Play Store. Just wanted to share this with everyone here.
    06-22-2021 06:17 AM
    Newsweek: Google Keeps Stopping on Android Phones As Users Report Issues.
    https://www.newsweek.com/google-down...phones-1602797

I noticed this, but it was on the Google app beta version in my Play Store. Just wanted to share this with everyone here.
    There is an update that fixed this issue. The bug affected both the public and beta versions, and not all users at that.
    The update in Play Store is not the version(s) that is causing the issue.
    https://9to5google.com/2021/06/21/google-app-crashing/
    06-22-2021 06:26 AM
    There is an update that fixed this issue. The bug affected both the public and beta versions, and not all users at that.
    The update in Play Store is not the version(s) that is causing the issue.
    Well, coincidentally, there was just an update to the Google app in my Play Store. I'm on the regular version I'll be at. I'm guessing that's the update to the fix.
    06-22-2021 06:28 AM
    Well, coincidentally, there was just an update to the Google app in my Play Store. I'm on the regular version I'll be at. I'm guessing that's the update to the fix.
    See my post above your latest.
    06-22-2021 06:31 AM
    See my post above your latest.
    Yeah, I saw that. After that I like not Google.com this morning as well. I'll just make sure that's correctly I have is the one that fixes that phone. Even though I didn't experience any shutdowns. Thanks for posting that though.
    06-22-2021 06:34 AM
    Yeah, I saw that. After that I like not Google.com this morning as well. I'll just make sure that's correctly I have is the one that fixes that phone. Even though I didn't experience any shutdowns. Thanks for posting that though.
    I checked the version number before I updated it. Saw that it was newer than the problem versions.
    06-22-2021 07:28 AM
    I checked the version number before I updated it. Saw that it was newer than the problem versions.
    I honestly never checked the version number on mine, but yeah, it's the same updated version you've got so that's a very good thing then!
    Smokeaire01 likes this.
    06-22-2021 07:46 AM
    I honestly never checked the version number on mine, but yeah, it's the same updated version you've got so that's a very good thing then!
    I wasn't about to jump in the frying pan without making sure it wasn't the defective pan.
    Now to see how the battery life is with this one.
    06-22-2021 08:30 AM
    I wasn't about to jump in the frying pan without making sure it wasn't the defective pan.
    Now to see how the battery life is with this one.
    hehe good on ya! Go for it! I'm sure your battery will be back to normal now as well.
    06-22-2021 08:32 AM
    hehe good on ya! Go for it! I'm sure your battery will be back to normal now as well.
    I updated at 2:30 AM this morning. So far all is good.
    06-22-2021 08:40 AM
758 ... 1617181920 ...