To actually test your reported experience I've left the Google beta test and have installed the public version. After installing the public version I cleared the cache and rebooted the phone while on the charger to start with a clean slate. So time will tell.
    Weekends aren't the best days to compare since I'm not working and do spend much more time using the phone than on weekdays.
    That's a good test. It's interesting, because so far in my testing, and my batter stats my Google app is using less battery than the beta version did.
    Attached Thumbnails Android 12 beta now available.-screenshot_20210619-114751.jpg  
    06-19-2021 10:48 AM
    That's a good test. It's interesting, because so far in my testing, and my batter stats my Google app is using less battery than the beta version did.
    Actually I was mistaken. It's Chrome that is the battery hog, not Google.
    During the work week the biggest battery drain (ironically) are phone calls. Since I work from home my Pixel 4a is my work phone as well as personal. I have Google Fi and use wifi calling exclusively while at home. So Monday will start the real test.
    Yesterday 03:54 AM
    Actually I was mistaken. It's Chrome that is the battery hog, not Google.
    During the work week the biggest battery drain (ironically) are phone calls. Since I work from home my Pixel 4a is my work phone as well as personal. I have Google Fi and use wifi calling exclusively while at home. So Monday will start the real test.
    you know, I noticed that as well. I disabled chrome as well. I’m trying out brave browser as well. Seeing how that browser does on battery power.
    Yesterday 05:05 AM
    you know, I noticed that as well. I disabled chrome as well. I’m trying out brave browser as well. Seeing how that browser does on battery power.
    I'm not going to disable Chrome because I use it on my laptop and my computer at work. I'll just live with the battery drain since its been on my phone from day one.
    Yesterday 06:01 AM
    I did that on both my phones. Moved from chrome to Brave. There was not much difference in battery use but Brave is faster and stops tracking and ads. For that I prefer it.
    Yesterday 06:41 AM
    I did that on both my phones. Moved from chrome to Brave. There was not much difference in battery use but Brave is faster and stops tracking and ads. For that I prefer it.
    Yeah, I’m noticing that as well as far as the ads are concerned. The only slight issue that I might have with brave is that chrome has the password auto fill feature. I know that brave has that feature as well, however, all of my information is in chrome already. Im still using brave for the moment now though.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    Yesterday 08:40 AM
    Yeah, I’m noticing that as well as far as the ads are concerned. The only slight issue that I might have with brave is that chrome has the password auto fill feature. I know that brave has that feature as well, however, all of my information is in chrome already. Im still using brave for the moment now though.
    I had the same issue
    Yesterday 01:55 PM
    I had the same issue
    Yeah, I mean I know that I can't have it both ways between Brave browser, and Chrome. I'm still using Brave for now though.
    Yesterday 02:00 PM
433 ... 161718