Android 12 beta now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Can be glitches and revert back you would have to factory reset

Oh I have no problems with glitches or having to factory reset, my concern is if any glitch can actually just render the device useless. Safety first I suppose! '

I almost got the deal for a Pixel 3 for $159.99 (New) to use as a backup device or play with betas but considering it will not be supported with major versions of Android after this year I didn't think it was worth buying. I take it even future beta versions wouldn't be possible to load on it (without messing with custom roms).

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
That is a good price for a pixel 3 but it will be end of life after this update.

I have 2 phones so I am running the beta. Although it is unlikely to brick the phone it has to be a risk you would be prepared to take. Although I did take the risk on my pixel 2xl. It was a huge risk and there were some major bugs.

It can also affect battery life.

Think about it really hard if you only have one device. This beta is pretty stable so far but I have found some bugs.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
That is a good price for a pixel 3 but it will be end of life after this update.

I have 2 phones so I am running the beta. Although it is unlikely to brick the phone it has to be a risk you would be prepared to take. Although I did take the risk on my pixel 2xl. It was a huge risk and there were some major bugs.

Think about it really hard if you only have one device. This beta is pretty stable so far but I have found some bugs.
I like living on the edge and installed this on my only phone. So far no need for a parachute.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. The deal is actually still active on Woot. Both for the 3 and 3Xl brand new but it's the end of the road for these two devices this year as far as updates go. I'll pass.

Looking forward to reading everyone's comments as the betas progress. I'll hold off on the temptation to opt in.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh I have no problems with glitches or having to factory reset, my concern is if any glitch can actually just render the device useless. Safety first I suppose! '

I almost got the deal for a Pixel 3 for $159.99 (New) to use as a backup device or play with betas but considering it will not be supported with major versions of Android after this year I didn't think it was worth buying. I take it even future beta versions wouldn't be possible to load on it (without messing with custom roms).
That not bad for pix 3 , let me ask @B. Diddy if woot ok not sure if that site ok or was another

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had good experiences with Woot. If there's a problem, they're very good about returns. Just keep in mind if the item your ordering is listed as New, Refurbished, or Scratch & Dent, so that you know what to expect.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Awesome but even then I don't think it would be worth buying if I can't use it to tinker with future OS or beta updates. Though it could serve as a nice music device. I'll have to think on it. For anyone that doesn't care about OS updates it's definitely a good deal.

Anyway I won't keep derailing the thread!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My bubbles have stopped opening properly all of a sudden. Now they disappear or when I click to open them they disappear but then show as read in the messaging app. It is quite annoying and is happening with bubbles from all apps. Am using Niagara Launcher so will switch to the pixel launcher and try them with that. Then I can see if this is launcher specific issue or android 12 issue. Anyone else having issues with bubbles?

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
My bubbles have stopped opening properly all of a sudden. Now they disappear or when I click to open them they disappear but then show as read in the messaging app. It is quite annoying and is happening with bubbles from all apps. Am using Niagara Launcher so will switch to the pixel launcher and try them with that. Then I can see if this is launcher specific issue or android 12 issue. Anyone else having issues with bubbles?
When I tap one of my messaging bubbles it opens in a small reply window. I like that. It doesn't open the actual app.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
When I tap one of my messaging bubbles it opens in a small reply window. I like that. It doesn't open the actual app.
Mine just disappear although it seems to be random. I like bubbles and have used them since my Samsung s10+, so I am used to them. But they are not working properly right now.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Maybe try turning Bubble off and reboot your phone, then turn on Bubbles again.
Yeah tried that. New bug. Now it opens but the keyboard freezes. The gif shows the keyboard but nothing is typing in the box.
86974a15211d10c20ca41da96169a62f.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer