Android 12 beta now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It's a unique feature for sure. I'm still getting used that one.
I can find the setting on my Pixel 4a only if I do a search for it, and even turn it on but it doesn't do anything. So it's there it just needs to be activated by the powers that be. I'm looking forward to it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can find the setting on my Pixel 4a only if I do a search for it, and even turn it on but it doesn't do anything. So it's there it just needs to be activated by the powers that be. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, I hear ya. I mean even when it's activated for you... it's a nice feature however there are soo many other ways to perform app shortcuts on Pixels though. For example, Google Assistant will do most if not all app shortcuts for you as it is already. It is a nice feature though to have.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In Android 12, if I set my sound settings to vibrate, or silent all, I only can get a visual icon of it in my notification shade drop down. Not when I quickly glance at the top of my phone. Could you please change this so that I can see my sound settings quickly at the top of my screen like an Android 11? Thank you. I sent that to Android 12 Beta feedback.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, the only thing I could think of is that the Android 12 Beta 2 battery saver breakdown usage is just an overview of which apps are using the most amount of battery. Because in Android 12 beta 1, and Android 11 every single time you fully charge your phone, the battery usage breakdown would reset so it left you with a clean slate Basically. That's the only thing I can think of.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-122140.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611-122140.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 12

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So I reset my phone but I had the issue with bubbles again. So I reset it again and this time installed apps a few at a time. Think the culprit was meteor swipes as it is working in messages now I haven’t installed it. Decided to only put essential apps on and no Niagara beta launcher. Keep it simple so it is easy to reset when needed. Most of the apps I need are on my Samsung anyway.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Something I just noticed this morning on a 4a. My theming is splitting the colors to half green and half blue. Clock on lock screen is blue while volume slider is green. Reboot is no help.
I had green checked in settings since I downloaded beta 2 and last night changed it to blue and that is when it split. No biggie, running betas is always interesting.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Something I just noticed this morning on a 4a. My theming is splitting the colors to half green and half blue. Clock on lock screen is blue while volume slider is green. Reboot is no help.
I had green checked in settings since I downloaded beta 2 and last night changed it to blue and that is when it split. No biggie, running betas is always interesting.

Well, your phone theming system sounds cool and colorful! Hahaha

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Quick tap is working on my 4a 5G and I have set it for screenshot. Excellent news. Heard it only worked on the pixel 5. The gif shows the screenshot being taken after I tap the back.

Having done 2 resets, my bugs seemed ironed out. Instagram is working, keyboard working in bubbles and I think the culprit was an app called meteor swipes. I have only installed necessary apps this time, as my Samsung has all my major apps like banking etc, and things seem to be going well finally. Am running standard pixel launcher now.
cd8d138890873d900b60df10b0b37383.gif

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
If I install the BETA 12, when the official comes out, can I simply update to it without having to wipe my device?
Yes. There is a process to end the Beta and then your phone updates to the regular version. But no factory reset is needed when Beta is over. But if you do decide to leave Beta early you do have to factory reset. Something to keep in mind

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Quick tap is working on my 4a 5G and I have set it for screenshot. Excellent news. Heard it only worked on the pixel 5. The gif shows the screenshot being taken after I tap the back.

Having done 2 resets, my bugs seemed ironed out. Instagram is working, keyboard working in bubbles and I think the culprit was an app called meteor swipes. I have only installed necessary apps this time, as my Samsung has all my major apps like banking etc, and things seem to be going well finally. Am running standard pixel launcher now.
cd8d138890873d900b60df10b0b37383.gif
The 5 was to be the first to get Quick Tap and then the other phones later. That great news that your phone got it so there's hope that the other phone will soon follow.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't know maybe it's just me, but in beta two, my battery on my Pixel 5 is amazing!

My battery life has halved since I moved to the beta. It was 2 days on Android 11 and went to a day and a half on beta 1. I have reset my phone and am definitely getting less battery life than I was. Usually 50% after a day of battery I am at 46% at 18 hours and 39 minutes. I have been setting it back up so hoping it will stabilise once I have charged it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis