Android 12 beta now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK. I will downgrade immediately. Thanks for the info

Yeah, I mean at first everything was supercharged in my phone as well. And I was like great. However, with an old *** week or so I say, my battery life hasn't been what I expected to be. I looked at my battery stats and battery saver mode, and Google app is using about 7 to 9% of battery. I mean I know that's the expected with the beta version of apps. So, I spent a few minutes last night late exiting that beta program and I'm retesting everything but so far, it's so good. Just some useful suggestions, and tips. The only reason why I enrolled in the Google app beta version was to fix my Google Assistant on my pixel bus, like I said.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
You know it's interesting you say that because the regular Google app isn't as much of a battery hog as the beta version is apparently.
To actually test your reported experience I've left the Google beta test and have installed the public version. After installing the public version I cleared the cache and rebooted the phone while on the charger to start with a clean slate. So time will tell.
Weekends aren't the best days to compare since I'm not working and do spend much more time using the phone than on weekdays.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To actually test your reported experience I've left the Google beta test and have installed the public version. After installing the public version I cleared the cache and rebooted the phone while on the charger to start with a clean slate. So time will tell.
Weekends aren't the best days to compare since I'm not working and do spend much more time using the phone than on weekdays.

That's a good test. It's interesting, because so far in my testing, and my batter stats my Google app is using less battery than the beta version did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-114751.jpg
    Screenshot_20210619-114751.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 12

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
That's a good test. It's interesting, because so far in my testing, and my batter stats my Google app is using less battery than the beta version did.
Actually I was mistaken. It's Chrome that is the battery hog, not Google.
During the work week the biggest battery drain (ironically) are phone calls. Since I work from home my Pixel 4a is my work phone as well as personal. I have Google Fi and use wifi calling exclusively while at home. So Monday will start the real test.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually I was mistaken. It's Chrome that is the battery hog, not Google.
During the work week the biggest battery drain (ironically) are phone calls. Since I work from home my Pixel 4a is my work phone as well as personal. I have Google Fi and use wifi calling exclusively while at home. So Monday will start the real test.

you know, I noticed that as well. I disabled chrome as well. I’m trying out brave browser as well. Seeing how that browser does on battery power.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
you know, I noticed that as well. I disabled chrome as well. I’m trying out brave browser as well. Seeing how that browser does on battery power.
I'm not going to disable Chrome because I use it on my laptop and my computer at work. I'll just live with the battery drain since its been on my phone from day one.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

I did that on both my phones. Moved from chrome to Brave. There was not much difference in battery use but Brave is faster and stops tracking and ads. For that I prefer it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I did that on both my phones. Moved from chrome to Brave. There was not much difference in battery use but Brave is faster and stops tracking and ads. For that I prefer it.

Yeah, I’m noticing that as well as far as the ads are concerned. The only slight issue that I might have with brave is that chrome has the password auto fill feature. I know that brave has that feature as well, however, all of my information is in chrome already. Im still using brave for the moment now though.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I’m noticing that as well as far as the ads are concerned. The only slight issue that I might have with brave is that chrome has the password auto fill feature. I know that brave has that feature as well, however, all of my information is in chrome already. Im still using brave for the moment now though.

I had the same issue

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Try Samsung browser on phone. It is pretty good with controls at the bottom and extensions like ad blocker can be added. Also, you can use it's extension on desktop chrome and open the tabs.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I notice when I type something the suggested word now is highlighted with a blue shade, was gray previously. My wallpaper is mostly blue. I like it, subtle but slick.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I notice when I type something the suggested word now is highlighted with a blue shade, was gray previously. My wallpaper is mostly blue. I like it, subtle but slick.

Yeah, you're right. I noticed the same thing about a day or so ago. I'm just waiting for the dynamic auto-theming to hit Gboard as well as Google messages.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. I noticed the same thing about a day or so ago. I'm just waiting for the dynamic auto-theming to hit Gboard as well as Google messages.

Yeah just noticed it last night. Perhaps we are being treated to some crumbs ahead of the full deal.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just noticed it last night. Perhaps we are being treated to some crumbs ahead of the full deal.

Hehe, that's an good analogy there. Yeah Google stop making us follow breadcrumbs and just give us the auto dimming finally! Haha

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that a couple days ago. I'm not sure I like it as I have my keyboard blue. The highlighted word is in a much lighter shade of blue and doesn't standout as well as before. I barely noticed it when it happened. I hope there will be a way to make it darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.