Android 12 beta now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has halved from 2 days to 1 day (24 hours) on beta 2. I did get 6 hours SoT yesterday, but I was getting 8 hours and a day and a half on Android 11. I expected battery to take a hit and it actually seems worse since I reset my phone. Dunno if it takes a few days After a reset for the battery to adjust.
There may be more background housekeeping going in with new Betas and other updates. Even restarting a phone can cause higher battery usage for awhile.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with apps crashing on the beta since I installed beta 2 last night. First, it was the Gmail app. Next, it was my Timehop app. Very frustrating but I at least need my Gmail to work for me. I now have a workaround by going through Gmail on my chrome but that's not the best option for me. E-mails don't come through in a mobile format for me doing it through Chrome for some reason.

I've also made sure that all of my apps on my phone have been updated so I know that's more than likely not the reason why apps are crashing on this beta update. It's a shame too. I love how everything looks on my Pixel 5. Anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?

Cindy

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with apps crashing on the beta since I installed beta 2 last night. First, it was the Gmail app. Next, it was my Timehop app. Very frustrating but I at least need my Gmail to work for me. I now have a workaround by going through Gmail on my chrome but that's not the best option for me. E-mails don't come through in a mobile format for me doing it through Chrome for some reason.

I've also made sure that all of my apps on my phone have been updated so I know that's more than likely not the reason why apps are crashing on this beta update. It's a shame too. I love how everything looks on my Pixel 5. Anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?

Cindy

The only thing that I can think of is clearing the app cache. Yeah, I agree, Pixel 5 looks insanely awesome with Android 12 Beta 2! Wallpaper auto-theming is working wonderfully; I'm just waiting for GBoard to adopt the same auto-theming as well!

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I can think of is clearing the app cache. Yeah, I agree, Pixel 5 looks insanely awesome with Android 12 Beta 2! Wallpaper auto-theming is working wonderfully; I'm just waiting for GBoard to adopt the same auto-theming as well!

I tried clearing out the app cache. No luck after doing that. Apps still crash.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Cindy
You know I use Outlook email app for my Gmail and it is pretty brilliant. Even taps into your calendar. Maybe you could try it. It is free.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Beta 2 and use Gmail without issue.
You might want to consider doing a reset of the phone (shudder) and start with a blank slate.

I'll think about it but I think I'm just going back to Android 11 and wait for 12 to come out as a stable version. I know I'll still have to do a factory reset on my phone but I think it will be better for me to do that at this time.

Cindy

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I'll think about it but I think I'm just going back to Android 11 and wait for 12 to come out as a stable version. I know I'll still have to do a factory reset on my phone but I think it will be better for me to do that at this time.

Cindy

Sometimes for the best. My pixel is a second phone so I can run the beta with minimal risk

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Cindy

Try going into settings/apps/see all apps/android system webview. Disable then re-enable. That's what worked for me. Stopped all my app crashes in 12 Beta 2.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My battery life is getting better again. Probably needed to adjust after the reset as I thought.
2886d77bd0de4c3bc314c739ab60944c.jpg

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I am wondering if this might be a beta two issue, in messages I have lost the gifs and the favorites. The only solution at this time is to uninstall the updates. I am also running the beta on messages. If anyone has had this problem please let me know.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Cindy

Thank you all for your input. I decided to try doing a factory reset with Android 12 Beta 2 being the OS run on my Pixel 5. It worked like a charm. All of my app crashes went away once I did the factory reset. I may just keep it as my main OS on this phone.

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01