Android 12 Beta 3 out. Features and Bugs.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Android 12 Beta 3 What to Expect

That's right guys, keep perfecting it for us scaredy cats who are afraid of the Big Bad Beta :eek: :D Honestly tho, I can't wait to get it on my phone.... looks very cool :p

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

That's right guys, keep perfecting it for us scaredy cats who are afraid of the Big Bad Beta :eek: :D Honestly tho, I can't wait to get it on my phone.... looks very cool :p
Android 12 Beta 2 is working very well even though there are a few bugs. That's to be expected. However the existing bugs don't adversely the function or use of the phone.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

If you have certain critical apps that have to function then maybe wait. My important apps work, but one didn't at first till Beta2, but accessing thru web browser was a good work around. My 3rd party launchers have certain issues but the OEM pixel launchers is working great and fast. I love the new interface with material you designs. Im hoping beta 3 improves even further on that. I'd say go for it. It's a sweet upgrade.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Yeah after Lawnchair causing a fatal error and a mandatory factory reset I am keeping far away from 3rd party launchers. I know Peter (who develops Niagara) is running the 12 beta to work on making his launcher compatible.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yeah after Lawnchair causing a fatal error and a mandatory factory reset I am keeping far away from 3rd party launchers. I know Peter (who develops Niagara) is running the 12 beta to work on making his launcher compatible.
Yeah factory resets are drudgery. I haven’t had any serious issues using 3rd party launchers yet, so no factory resets(knock wood). ;)
By keeping them stored in a file tho I can be alerted to updates as they roll out on the play store.
It’s kinda to bad and actually surprising that Google doesn’t give their OEM pixel launcher more customization options. I mean we get some but a simple icon edit feature would be nice.
I like Niagara, it is a nice low impact launcher. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Yeah factory resets are drudgery. I haven’t had any serious issues using 3rd party launchers yet, so no factory resets(knock wood). ;)
By keeping them stored in a file tho I can be alerted to updates as they roll out on the play store.
It’s kinda to bad and actually surprising that Google doesn’t give their OEM pixel launcher more customization options. I mean we get some but a simple icon edit feature would be nice.
I like Niagara, it is a nice low impact launcher. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

I am in the alpha track. I can tell you the upcoming features are pretty neat. I get the complete experience on my Samsung S10+

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

For sure, just teasing you anyway. The other thread seems to be where everyone is commenting on the new update.
It's got hard to keep track of which version being referenced to over there anymore. I prefer threads specific to the topic at hand.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Assistant issue that I've sent several bug reports still exists. Sent the 4th or 5th report with screen recording.
New Basic Color choice added to wallpaper themes. Got rid of that visually offensive pig puke pink.
I can't stand the round app icons. Can't change it to rectangle or square.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Assistant issue that I've sent several bug reports still exists. Sent the 4th or 5th report with screen recording.
New Basic Color choice added to wallpaper themes. Got rid of that visually offensive pig puke pink.
I can't stand the round app icons. Can't change it to rectangle or square.

I haven’t had any assistant issues.

I love how you can choose the color now! Puke pink was growing on me though…….not!

I like the icons. Tasks didn’t change though. I’m sure there will be more choices with new updates.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t had any assistant issues.

I love how you can choose the color now! Puke pink was growing on me though…….not!

I like the icons. Tasks didn’t change though. I’m sure there will be more choices with new updates.
Assistant won't "Turn On Do Not Disturb" when asked or when running a routine with that command in it. It work fine on A11.