Why do I see running processes on my smartphone that I have not started?

kashevarvar

Aug 23, 2021
Visit site
Where is the optimization of energy consumption? Everytime after going online, I have to go to Settings and manually disable all running processes. Because as soon as I went online, all processes are started for self-updating. And then, they don't turn themselves off. This is sabotage. And it lasts all the time as long as the Android system exists.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you ACTUALLY experiencing poor battery life or is it your perception that you will because you see things "running"? Have you used your device without disabling those services?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that this is how Android works. Android isn't like Windows, where it's beneficial to close every app you're not using. In Android, empty RAM is wasted RAM. It's more efficient for the system to keep certain apps or services open in RAM, many of them cached in the background (and therefore hardly using any CPU or battery).

Also keep in mind that there are a lot of system processes that have to run in order for the phone to work correctly. If you feel that's not how Android should work, then perhaps you should study to be an Android engineer and apply to Google so you can change it to how you think it should work? Or perhaps you would better understand why it works the way it does.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged.

I see you posted in the Android 12 forum. Are you actually using the Android 12 beta on your phone?