Bluetooth connection with car after update to 12 acting strange

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Since the update to 12 on my 4a5g, I've noticed that the Bluetooth connection in my car acts a little strange. For example the music will start, then fade out. When receiving a call the answer and ignore buttons won't work, I have to swipe on the phone. Weirdly I've noticed the battery drain is higher with Bluetooth than it was before. I have a 2021 Mazda CX-30. Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth audio?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Try forgetting the connection on both ends then re-pairing the phone to the car.

I have a 4a 5G and a 2021 Outback, just yesterday I used Bluetooth for a short trip and didn't have any issues. I'm usually plugged in for Android Auto.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Try forgetting the connection on both ends then re-pairing the phone to the car.

I have a 4a 5G and a 2021 Outback, just yesterday I used Bluetooth for a short trip and didn't have any issues. I'm usually plugged in for Android Auto.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth works flawlessly on my GMC with the new Android 12. Now, on my moto and my samsung Buds+, they have to pair every time I connect. For some reason they lose their pairing. However, pairing only takes an extra few seconds.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I repaired and still having the issue. I wonder if it has something to do with my Galaxy watch 4. Maybe the phone doesn't know which Bluetooth connection to prioritize

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I repaired and still having the issue. I wonder if it has something to do with my Galaxy watch 4. Maybe the phone doesn't know which Bluetooth connection to prioritize

That's entirely possible. I have a Huawei Watch but I only have it configured to communicate for notifications, no audio connection (even though it's possible).

I should correct a previous statement - I DO sometimes have an audio issue using AA. If I plug in just as a notification is sounding the notification volume gets "stuck" until I get directions through the car or I unplug the phone and plug it back in. As a result - the media I'm trying to listen to sometimes does have a lower volume.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
With respect to your watch causing issues with your connection to your car's Bluetooth, I had the same problem. Some devices just don't play well together. For example, I now have a Garmin smart watch and the connection is perfect.