Battery indicator in notification tray not updating- Battery works fine

Bakoosa

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
I just updated my Pixel 5 to Android 12, and now the battery indicator (both the icon and the percentage) don't update; at first they were stuck at 0%, and when I did a hard reset, after rebooting, they did reflect the current battery capacity. However, they don't update. If I turned it on at 82%, they will show 82% perpetually.

This is only occurring in the notification tray in the top right. If I go to Settings > Battery, it shows the correct battery, as does the lock screen.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it. Particularly frustrating that it's Google's OS running on a Google device and it's still getting bugs like this.

Tom Rauh

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue with my upgraded Pixel 5 and I fixed it by downloading Accubattery. After that was running for a few hours the battery usage settings and tracking started working properly. I then uninstalled the extra app.. I thought I was the only one with the issue, I guess not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with my upgraded Pixel 5 and I fixed it by downloading Accubattery. After that was running for a few hours the battery usage settings and tracking started working properly. I then uninstalled the extra app.. I thought I was the only one with the issue, I guess not.

Good tip, thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Yes this problem persists while in safe mode.
Try this before factory reset

Bakoosa

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
Ran it for a few days and no luck. Factory reset sorted it, but now Brave crashes and I almost got softlocked during the setup.

Pixel 5 has been the worse phone I've owned hands down.

Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney