Facebook account not synching (can't turn it on) since Android 12

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I noticed after 2 days late last week when I upgraded to Android 12 on my Pixel 3aXL that I wasn't getting any notifications from the notify bar at the top.

I went into the Settings->Passwords & Accounts and noticed under my Accounts that Facebook was there but when I click on it, it says -> 'Account Synch, Synch off for all items'. If I click on it, it's just a blank screen with the Facebook logo as there's no synch items showing up to turn on or off.

I cleared the Facebook app cache, nothing changed. I then removed the Facebook app and account from my Pixel, re-installed the app but still shows 'Synch off for all items'.

Any idea how to get the synch options back?! :)

Thanks!

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
It's the same on my Pixel 4XL and Pixel 6. I haven't found a solution yet. Hard to say if it's a Google issue or Facebook issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Facebook's apps tend to be so buggy that it's probably mostly Facebook's problem, where they didn't adequately test it when Android 12 betas were available. I assume you've already logged out of the Facebook app and then logged back in, right? And also deleted the Facebook app data (not just the cache)?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for your responses! Diddy, yea I first tried the cache, logged out/in on the Facebook app and then just deleted the app and re-installed.
All 3 didn't change a thing.
Bla!ze, yea sounds like it's something between Facebook/Android 12 software I guess.

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol