Facebook crashing

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone updated to 12 last night. I have an S21 Ultra. Since the update, whenever I try to click on an article in Facebook the app crashes. When I click on an ad, nothing happens.

Anyone else having this issue? It's so frustrating!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
How about force closing the app? Long press on the Facebook icon, then click the info button. You then should have an opportunity to force close the app.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
How about force closing the app? Long press on the Facebook icon, then click the info button. You then should have an opportunity to force close the app.
Nope. Didn't work. My son's phone updated to 12, too. But he's not having this issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also try clearing the app data (along with the cache) for Facebook in Settings>Apps​?

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you also try clearing the app data (along with the cache) for Facebook in Settings>Apps​?
I cleared the cache multiple times but it didn't work. I clicked on clear data but a warning said all app settings and everything would be deleted. I'm not sure what that means. Will I lose everything on Facebook?

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm wonder if an update is needed on the app side if something changed ..
I have no idea. It has to be something with the Android 12 update because that's when it started. I just added a link to the web version of FB on my home screen and I'm using that. But it's not as good as the app... But at least I can click into articles. LOL

I hope there's a fix coming soon!!! I'm all out of ideas to try.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I have no idea. It has to be something with the Android 12 update because that's when it started. I just added a link to the web version of FB on my home screen and I'm using that. But it's not as good as the app... But at least I can click into articles. LOL

I hope there's a fix coming soon!!! I'm all out of ideas to try.
That makes sense. Thinking that app needs to get an update for Android 12. Hopefully soon, but at least you found a quick workaround for now

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One more thing to try -- uninstall all updates to Android System Webview. Sometimes a recent update to that app can cause glitches in certain apps on certain phones only.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
One more thing to try -- uninstall all updates to Android System Webview. Sometimes a recent update to that app can cause glitches in certain apps on certain phones only.
I tried clearing cache and data. That didn't work. Are you talking about something different to try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm talking about the Android System Webview app. Go to Settings>Apps, select Android System Webview, then Uninstall Updates.