Text message caller while declining incoming call gone?

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
When you receive an incoming call, you used to have the option on Android 11 to send a pre-saved text message to the caller like "Can't answer - in a meeting - will call you when I can". There were some preset responses and you could add custom responses.

I have not seen that option come up on my screen at all since Android 12 installed. All I see now is Answer Screen Decline. Am I missing something or was that option eliminated?

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
3XL and it worked under Android 11.

It's called "Quick Responses" and it can be found under the phone app settings. it's there in my phone app settings. it's just no longer giving me the option when a call comes in. Actually a feature I used relatively often.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the banner notification for an incoming call (when you're actively using the phone for something else), or also the fullscreen incoming call interface? The Quick Response might not be available for me in the banner notification either.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Are you talking about the banner notification for an incoming call (when you're actively using the phone for something else), or also the fullscreen incoming call interface? The Quick Response might not be available for me in the banner notification either.

Yes - like if you're sending a text message and a call comes in, you don't get the "Reply" option like you do when you're getting a call and your phone is locked or unlocked on the home screen or in standby. All you get for options are Decline Screen Answer

You used to also get "Reply"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it has to do with Call Screen. Try turning that off temporarily and see if the Quick Reply option comes back.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
3XL and it worked under Android 11.

It's called "Quick Responses" and it can be found under the phone app settings. it's there in my phone app settings. it's just no longer giving me the option when a call comes in. Actually a feature I used relatively often.

It's working fine on my 3XL running 12. It must be a setting somewhere... look through the phone app settings, the call screen feature and related settings can be a little confusing :-\

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
It's working fine on my 3XL running 12. It must be a setting somewhere... look through the phone app settings, the call screen feature and related settings can be a little confusing :-\

Does it give you the "Reply" option when you are in another app and a call comes in? I'm only getting the Reply option when on the home screen or from locked screen

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Does it give you the "Reply" option when you are in another app and a call comes in? I'm only getting the Reply option when on the home screen or from locked screen

That's a good question... I'm not in that situation very often, so I honestly don't remember. I'll call myself tomorrow and test it out for you ;)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I tested it out, and I don't get the reply option in an app either. I always thought the options were the same in app and out, I guess they were and 12 removed it? Not sure why they'd do that :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2