Android 12L Beta Now Available For Pixel Phones

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Really liking this 12L update. The only bug that still bothers me although not that much is when unlocking the phone sometimes there's a long pause before the home screen shows up, about 10 seconds. Probably happens three or four times a day. Anyone else getting this? I'm using a 4A

On my Pixel 5, Android Auto glitched out completely on my connection to my car yesterday. But that was only a one time occurrence. The multitasking mode is so much better, always on ambient display battery usage in my battery breakdown seems to be lower which is nice! Camera performance and app multitasking performance seem to be smoother and better. So far I'm loving 12L! I reported three bug reports to the issue tracker yesterday. I also disabled the swipe down for fingerprint gesture because I turned my window animations to 1.5 x because the window screen animations are very beautiful I've realized.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I mean I will also say that in Android 12 L beta so far I'm not sure if this was working in The regular Android 12 beta program, but location-based reminders actually work! Keep in mind, location-based reminders haven't worked on Android and a long time. I have been using time-based reminders for years.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I mean I will also say that in Android 12 L beta so far I'm not sure if this was working in The regular Android 12 beta program, but location-based reminders actually work! Keep in mind, location-based reminders haven't worked on Android and a long time. I have been using time-based reminders for years.
Yeah, tried a location based reminder a couple of years ago and never got them to work very well. Very unreliable so not at all dependable.
I'd say hey google remind me to buy salt at the store and I'd be all done and back getting in the car and google would say. "buy salt". LOL
If I want a reminder that works I just enter it in my calendar, quick, easy and reliable.
Next update to the beta is in January, looking forward to that.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
On my Pixel 5, Android Auto glitched out completely on my connection to my car yesterday. But that was only a one time occurrence. The multitasking mode is so much better, always on ambient display battery usage in my battery breakdown seems to be lower which is nice! Camera performance and app multitasking performance seem to be smoother and better. So far I'm loving 12L! I reported three bug reports to the issue tracker yesterday. I also disabled the swipe down for fingerprint gesture because I turned my window animations to 1.5 x because the window screen animations are very beautiful I've realized.

I've never used android auto but pandora and my you tube music list connects very fast and plays flawlessly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, tried a location based reminder a couple of years ago and never got them to work very well. Very unreliable so not at all dependable.
I'd say hey google remind me to buy salt at the store and I'd be all done and back getting in the car and google would say. "buy salt". LOL
If I want a reminder that works I just enter it in my calendar, quick, easy and reliable.
Next update to the beta is in January, looking forward to that.

I use location based reminders a couple weeks ago just to quote unquote test it out. I was very pleasantly surprised. Sure enough, at my work location, it worked. I did a few more tests the same day and basically I'm not sure if it was part of Android 11, or Android 12 beta, but location based reminders at least on my pixel 5 work fine. Thank God. You're right, they haven't worked for years. I just got used to it like everyone else did here. But if you give it a shot if you're in today kind of thing, they work finally! I'm very forgetful, so I use reminders constantly on my phone!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never used android auto but pandora and my you tube music list connects very fast and plays flawlessly.

See, I always have Android Auto connection issues on my phone and my car. Now, the last couple of days I haven't, but overall Android Auto connection is a freaking nightmare unfortunately. Sure, once it gets to connect and perform smoothly, then it's fine but getting into that point sometimes could take quite a few connections. Can get very very annoying unfortunately!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech