Call Recorder compatible with newer Android versions

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been using Call Recorder by Skvalex ver. 3.5.3 (that one you don't find in PlayStore but in the developer's website) for a few years. My phone is a no rooted Oneplus 7 Pro (build: GM1913_11_H.30) and I remember that when I upgraded to Android 11 I started to get some issues that were quickly fixed by the developer.
However, it looks like that with newer Android versions (I'm using Android 12 which is quite light in regards to the draining of battery) new issues are occuring like:

- sometimes (almost 50% of the time) the recordings don't start automatically and I need to switch the key recorder in the dialer manually. However, sometimes the key recorder is not available (doesn't appear) but only the Contacts key;
- the recordings start time is wrong and it is anticipated of the time of the lasted call than real start time of call (i.e.: I call at 14,00 someone for 20 mins and my recording start call will be 13,40);
- the Sign in to Google Drive for uploading recordings must be done periodically;
- near the max peak sound distorts:
- the speed control recording play is ineffective.

Hoping to open a useful thread it would be interesting to know your possible good experience with either this app or others from the Android 12 version or higher with no rooted phones.

Last edited:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply!
I've already contacted the developer but those issues are still there.
However, as I wrote, I can still have recording features but with said issues.
In any case, it would be useful to know which phones/OS are still compatible with this interesting feature.
Maybe Pixel phones with root like the developer suggested (6A model) but I wouldn't like it for the root needed, the only 128Gb and single sim (it has esim but my carriers don't support it).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply!
I've already contacted the developer but those issues are still there.
However, as I wrote, I can still have recording features but with said issues.
In any case, it would be useful to know which phones/OS are still compatible with this interesting feature.
Maybe Pixel phones with root like the developer suggested (6A model) but I wouldn't like it for the root needed, the only 128Gb and single sim (it has esim but my carriers don't support it).
Sorry cant be more help as i never used them before but see if any other members can chime in

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084