Bluetooth issues with android 13

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy Fold 4 is now on android 13. My carrier is ATT. When I was on Android 12 I had no Bluetooth problems. Now the old bug, that was fixed in Android 11, with Android auto where the stream ‘hiccuped’ every once in a while is back. In addition, yesterday bluetooth stoped working all togeter until I restarted the phone. Is any one else having this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I moved the thread to the Android 13 forum.

Are you on the January update? January seems to have been paused or cancelled on Pixels, most likely due to Bluetooth bugs. There has been no official announcement from Google about it, but most tech blogs have suspected this based on the number of complaints raised in various forums. Although it seems to be primarily an issue with Pixel, there have been a number of posts here regarding Samsung devices, so it's possible the core glitch in the January update code that Google released is also showing up on other devices.

I'd wait until the February update and hope that they fix it by then.

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what release it is. ATT pushed it yesterday, or at least that is when I first noticed it, so it is probably January. When I updated, there were actually 3 updates that happened. The firs one did not change the release from 12. The 2nd one changed it to 13. The last one did not change the release. Not sure why there were 3 updates like that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure what release it is. ATT pushed it yesterday, or at least that is when I first noticed it, so it is probably January. When I updated, there were actually 3 updates that happened. The firs one did not change the release from 12. The 2nd one changed it to 13. The last one did not change the release. Not sure why there were 3 updates like that.
Go to setting>about phone>software information what month it says?

LE Gamma

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
Same here. Just bought my first car with android auto and it won't connect except with USB cable. Lucky me, great timing lol. Looks like waiting for February update is the only recourse. Bummer....

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Just bought my first car with android auto and it won't connect except with USB cable. Lucky me, great timing lol. Looks like waiting for February update is the only recourse. Bummer....
Check to see if the car supports android auto bluetooth connection. If it is a Ford, Sync3 does not and Sync4 does. My car has Sync3 so I had to buy an adaptor that plugs into the port in the car. There are several. I bought a Motorola one and it works great. It is not cheap. I got it at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7132065

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, My problem went away. The connection has been solid for several says now. I am going to take the ‘if it is not broken, don-t fix it’ approach to updates for a few months and will not apply any updates.
Glad to hear that, welcome

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Today Android Auto was a complete fail. Android 13 on a Pixel 5. And it worked so well before I upgraded from Android 12.

First, it never really connected. Not with bluetooth and not over a USB cable. I never got the Android Auto splash screen nor any of the apps.

Second, Google Maps displayed on my nav screen briefly, then disappeared and ran only on my phone. The directions came over the car audio system but Maps were nowhere to be found.

During navigation 5 or 6 times in a 45-minute driver my Pixel went to sleep and navigation shut off. I had to unlock the phone and click START to get navigation back. My disappointment was immeasurable. There are so many things to love about Android and the Pixel 5, and I'm a life-long Mac user and iPhone devotee. But today has me going back to the iPhone for a bit. Next Android update may see me back in the Pixel club. Could be a month, could be longer.

chargris

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Today Android Auto was a complete fail. Android 13 on a Pixel 5. And it worked so well before I upgraded from Android 12.

First, it never really connected. Not with bluetooth and not over a USB cable. I never got the Android Auto splash screen nor any of the apps.

Second, Google Maps displayed on my nav screen briefly, then disappeared and ran only on my phone. The directions came over the car audio system but Maps were nowhere to be found.

During navigation 5 or 6 times in a 45-minute driver my Pixel went to sleep and navigation shut off. I had to unlock the phone and click START to get navigation back. My disappointment was immeasurable. There are so many things to love about Android and the Pixel 5, and I'm a life-long Mac user and iPhone devotee. But today has me going back to the iPhone for a bit. Next Android update may see me back in the Pixel club. Could be a month, could be longer.
Could it be bcuz android auto isn't fully supporting android 13 yet

Sent from my A063 using AC Forums mobile app

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
"Fully" supporting?? More like "Not At All" supporting. I'll give Android another look in a few months, when its ready.

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
"Fully" supporting?? More like "Not At All" supporting. I'll give Android another look in a few months, when its ready.

I have the AT&T push Android 13, January 31 2023 version, on my Samsun Galaxy Z Fold 4. It works fine with my Ford Sync 3 and a Motorola adapter. The reason I need the adapter is that I would need Sync 4 to use blue tooth with Android Auto. On this build the occasional stuttering issue came back. I do have to restart the phone sometimes, but that is rare. Make sure that your car’s audio system is at the latest level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith