Unique Email Notifications

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
At my work I have an alarm system that alerts me via email. How do I set up a specific ringtone for just the alarm system email?

I know how to set unique ringtones for people in my contacts. In the same fashion I want to set up unique notifications in my gmail, but I cannot figure it out. Can it be done? How do I assign a specific notification for receiving an email from a specific person?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried this out but I was going through the Settings and saw that you can set different notifications for Inbox vs Priority Inbox. Maybe you can set those alarm emails to go to your Priority Inbox?

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried this out but I was going through the Settings and saw that you can set different notifications for Inbox vs Priority Inbox. Maybe you can set those alarm emails to go to your Priority Inbox?

Good idea. I'll try it and report back.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I just looked through my gmail settings and I saw no such options for different notifications for different tags.

While in the gmail app I went to Menu > More > Settings > Lables to Notify (at the bottom under Notification settings)

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
While in the gmail app I went to Menu > More > Settings > Lables to Notify (at the bottom under Notification settings)

Mine is different. Starting from the gmail app I have Menu > More > Settings > "General preferences" or "Add account". If I select General preferences then all I get is "Message Actions," "Clear search history" and "Clear Show Pictures". That is all.

My Gmail version is 2.3.5.2 if that helps.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Mine is different. Starting from the gmail app I have Menu > More > Settings > "General preferences" or "Add account". If I select General preferences then all I get is "Message Actions," "Clear search history" and "Clear Show Pictures". That is all.

My Gmail version is 2.3.5.2 if that helps.

I have the same version but I have 2 accounts on my phone, my bad.

Under General Preferences, do you see your account that's tied to your phone? I have a header atht says "Account settings" then it lists my 2 email accounts. When I tap on either account, I get those options I mentioned.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski