Gingerbread and Adobe Flash...yes or no?

augidog

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i just spent my first day as an androidist chasing smoke i think...and boy am i ever outta breath.

i bought a Crossover, which was touted as sporting a "full HTML browser with Flash support" and as soon as i got it, i ran the 2.3.6 update provided by Pantech...i'm thinking "we're all set now, yessir."

i've downloaded and installed every Flash 10.1-10.3 "apk" i could find, i've tried to read and understand what's up...but both i and my phone are still way lost, and i need straight answers please.

am i going to be able to successfully integrate Flash support into my android device? and if so, how exactly will i do that?

thanks in advance, even if you give me answers i don't wanna hear.

Duke007down

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
From Pantech's website:"

[ Note] The Pantech Crossover does not support Flash Player and thus, websites built on flash player are not displayed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

augidog

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
dang, i searched pantech and didn't find that, i'm going to have another look. wonder why everyone who reviewed it said it did support flash...

edit: i still don't see that note anywhere.

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a browser (i don't remember which) that may work... Skyfire?

Either way, they encode all the flash stuff... My optimus was never flash supported because the arm.v6 processor...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

augidog

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
for reference, i didn't make it up, i thought i was getting a pretty nice entry-level phone with flash...see description: http://www.amazon.com/Pantech-Cross...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1839088

the alternate browers i've read about all still require the plugin...i've actually installed a couple different versions of flash, it shows in the app drawer and in management, but it doesn't test as active and i still don't get flash content.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried skyfire? That's my best suggestion... Worked on mine without flash..

I do see where it says that though...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

anu.gameplayer

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
i am having Samsung galaxy Y with gingerbread but when i tried installing flash player it stats your device does not support that. what does it mean?? i am also having the same version of android with me.!!

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the Google Playstore for your Flash download?
Adobe pulled it off the play store. Is there any way to get an alternate flash player for a 2.3 Gingerbread device? I can understand not updating for Jellybean but to pull it completely and leave older devices stranded up Adobe creek without a paddle seems childish.

On the plus side, we're no longer going to buy Adobe Distiller licenses at work. The lower cost of the alternative is sweet, sweet icing on the cake. :D:D

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I've used Dolphin for a while, and I believe it includes default flash support. Have your tried that browser? Also, sorry I'm late to the party.

redspider97

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
You can get flash from store it's not gone just can't search it . you go to adobe download site click on download flash it will take you to playstore flash page..just got for my metro anthem phone I also use dolphin to use flash as the browser that comes with it will not work with flash but dolphin works perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie