What app is putting ads in notification bar?

thehyperone

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have an old phone running Gingerbread. Something has been placing ads in my notification bar and adding advertising icons to my home screen. This behavior completely offends me. I'll find an alternative app for the functionality. While I don't mind ads being displayed in an app, I refuse to use any app that advertises in the notification bar out of principle. I understand the dev's need to make money but I don't feel this is an appropriate way to do it. The little feature in newer versions of Android that will reveal what app put the notification there is a God-send, but I can't do so on Gingerbread.

Does anyone know how I can figure out what app is putting the ads in the notification bar? If there is an Play Store app-- paid is OK-- that will reveal the culprit? I'm not rooted, but could do so if need be. Anybody know something that could help?

edbanger

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called norton spot...made by the security company norton...it was free and solved the exact same problems you are having...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12