Samsung Galaxy Young (S5360) keeps freezing

Iani

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
about 3 days ago my sister borrowed my phone and after 2 or 3 hours she gave it back to me.... but when she gave it back to me it was REALLY drained, so I charged it, like I would normally do and left it... and when it was finally fully charged I used it, and within half an hour of using it, it froze, it didn't blacked out, it just sort of hanged up and I wasn't able to do anything, but pull out the battery... this happened 3 or 4 times that day... and then the next day, it still does that, so I started searching it up in the internet, and that's when I found out that problems like that usually starts showing up the first few months/weeks from when it was bought, BUT I had mine for 1 and a half year now and this is the only and first time something like this happened... anyways, through my search I found out about the manual factory data reset (pressing 'up' volume key + home key + power key) and I did that, and I also had my sd card reformatted, since my big brother suggested it, because he thought the problems were because the memory was TOO low... then it got a bit better... I had no problems for about 2 and a half hours, then it started freezing up again... and that's when my parents thought, that there's a chance that it caught a virus or malware, so I did another factory data reset and downloaded malwarebytes from Google Play Store and reinstalled my anti virus... I scanned it 3 times but there was no threats found... then I used my Dad's laptop's AVG to scan but there was still no threats found... and it just went on with the freezing... and my Dad brought it to repair store, but they said that I should only bring it up to them it was actually frozen/hanged up and they can only do a factory data reset, which I've already done and I already know how to do it... now after all that, it still keeps freezing, and my dad is thinking that there's, most probably, something wrong with the memory stuff...

now, I really LOVE my phone... I know it's not much, but it has a very deep sentimental value for me... and I don't have enough money right now, to buy a new one... so, I'm still trying to search some other ways or maybe even other problems that cause stuffs like this and a solution... but I just can't find any... please PLEASE reply if you know or even if you just might have a clue to what is the real problem and if I still can save this phone... and since I wrote all of the things I know and did, since it started happening, I think some of you might already know what's wrong, but if you still need more information, just ask...

Thanks in advance!!!..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you asked your sister if she installed any new apps or was surfing the web and possibly clicked on some suspect links when she borrowed it? If she only used it to make calls or send some texts, it's unlikely she unwittingly installed any viruses.

Does your phone have a microSD card inserted? Try unmounting it (in the Setting/Storage menu) and then removing it. Then reboot the phone and see how it works. If there's a corrupt file on the SD, it might be contributing to the freezing problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34