Who still runs Gingerbread?

CometGSR

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I know I might get laughed at, but I love Gingerbread! Sure it doesn't have the apps, support or phone selection it used to but I love it! My daily driver is a Motorola Droid Pro, that QWERTY candy bar form factor really hasn't been duplicated on any Android platform. When I need more power, I have a T-Mobile activated Tablet.

I have a few apps that I use on my Pro. No social media, twitter or even eBay.. Just an email account, a phone number blocking app, Silent Time, Opera Mini, Weather App and Flash Light. If you keep the workload light, battery life and processor load is no issue.

Am I the only one who still likes the ol' timey stuff?

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I wish I had a Gingerbread phone for tinkering purposes... Too bad I was still too young back in 2011 to even own a smartphone (I was only 11 years old at the time). I have watched many 6-year old tech videos demonstrating Gingerbread in all it's former glory. I really wish it was possible to stick Android 2.3.6 on one of those cheapie low-end MT6580 phones so I could mess around and catch up on the happenings of a tech era I missed out on. Back in 2011, I didn't know Android even existed (all I knew of was HTC and their WP7 based Trophy T8686 which my father bought for work). I discovered Android when my best friend showed me his Gingerbread-powered ZTE Mimosa Mini. All thanks to his phone and Gingerbread, I got hooked on Android and eventually convinced my parents to get me a tablet, but I was too late for Gingerbread (ICS was pre-loaded on the Galaxy Tab 2 I got).

portejw

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a streamlined EL29 or GB27 ROM on my E4GT that I use mainly for music in my work vehicle. Basically disabled everything but Pandora, Music, and Iheartradio and use it via the mobile wifi device my company gives me for music throughout the day.

I just love the look and feel of Gingerbread.