Sppech to text program or App for Honeycomb

levine#AC

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a Speech to Text program that i can install on the Xoom to allow me to dictate documents orally. A program similar to what Nuance has for the Iphone is of interest to me. I must emphasize that i am not after a program to dictate text messages but rather lengthy emails or documents. If anybody can advise on whether they have come across any such programs.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a Speech to Text program that i can install on the Xoom to allow me to dictate documents orally. A program similar to what Nuance has for the Iphone is of interest to me. I must emphasize that i am not after a program to dictate text messages but rather lengthy emails or documents. If anybody can advise on whether they have come across any such programs.
I have been using Nuance's FlexT9 keyboard replacement program which has some of the NaturallySpeaking features built-in. You just tap a button next the keyboard and begin dictating. It continues to function a lot longer than Google's built-in voice to text system, in fact I'm using it right now to compose this response to (this is where it cut off. I was dictating slow and deliberately, being careful to enunciate. The only editing I had to do was change "flex tea nine" to "FlexT9", and add punctuation)

It's not full-blown Naturally Speaking, but then again, it's only $5