Some problems using Acer Tab and Honeycomb

trblsome9six

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Acer Iconia Tab yesterday (and I'm new to sndroid software) and I'm already experiencing problems (more so with software than hardware). first of all, within the last hour I have received a notification that claims my tablet is low on space. When I go to manage my applicstions there is no way thst they are consuming the 11.5 gigs of space its claiming, I only have about twenty apps. I also havent put any video or audio files on the tablet yet either, so i am confused with where this notification is stemming from. Secondly, my emails are being delayed or not coming through at all. I know this because I am receiving them on my phone but never getting a notification on my tablet of them coming in. I am using a university of Arizona student gmail account, and figured thst they would be getting pushed upon arrival (like my cell phone) which they are not. Thirdly, when i enter the battery use section of the setting it is saying that 'cell standby' - battery used by cell radio is, on average, consuming 8% of the battery. How is this poossible, considering that the tablet is not connected to a cell tower, and to the best of my knowledge doesn't even have the hardware to do so (its the iconia a501). Fourthly the GPS is not locating me while I'm in the car (while not connected to the internet, not sure if that matters) , or moving around, and in the rare occasions that it does, its extremely laggy, not sure why. I think thats all if there's anything else ill add them later. If anyone can help me with these problems, or point me in the right direction, i would be extremely greatful, seeing that I've exhausted my search through the forums and google. Thanks!

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Got my Acer on the weekend and have had NO problems except a weak wifi signal which I dont think is the tablets fault, just a poor location.
Blue Tooth File Transfer from the Market. Works great to move files from the a portable usb memory stick to the tablet and shows everyfile & file size at a glance. File Manager HD shows promise as well, its new on the Market.
Drop over to the Acer Iconia Forum, we have all the answers.....evenutally lol

francovandorp

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought acer Iconia tab a500 a week ago everything was no exactly problem only one thing make me confused because the bluetooth doesn't support dun (dial up networking) and when I install the application pda net on android market too it was not support that why now Im looking for the solution aski

francovandorp

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
what is the solution of the bluetooth dun (dial up networking) on acer iconia tab a500 because I try many time use my mobile to connecting with bluetooth dial up networking but it doesn't work that why please give me a solution to use the bluetooth for networking ? or probably there is another service bluetooth to internet theatering in acer iconia tab a500?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech