No Flash on ICS :-(

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Adobe said they are working on Flash for the ICS platform but it will be the last update for Android (although, they will continue to do bug fixes but will not make flash more new versions of android).

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
You guys should be happy about that news. Flash only slows the phone down causes it to lag and crash. HTML5 is better, I don't know why it wasn't utilized from the start.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You guys should be happy about that news. Flash only slows the phone down causes it to lag and crash. HTML5 is better, I don't know why it wasn't utilized from the start.
HTML5 is not better and is not compatible with many things people don't realize like games.

SkunkShampoo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Silverlight? I wouldn't want to see Microsoft get their hook in things. I wouldn't put it past them to give Android users an inferior experience. They are feircely competitive.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
i'm going to say something that may get me banned.....

Steve Jobs was right about flash

that said, he was wrong to block flash from being available on the i*hone and that's one of the great things about Android. I'll be glad to uninstall it when enough websites convert their content over to newer/better technologies.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
<cough>
it took the Maipad devs to get flash player to run on armv6 since Adode stinks and refused to compile it for the older arch, they only want to support newer hardware, and won't release source code for others to fix things themselves like with Android.
Adobe is better known for adding bloat than optimization :p

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
i'll upgrade to ICS, but after that, if flash isn't working WITHOUT some sloppy hacks enabled, then ICS will be my final upgrade

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
HTML5 is not better and is not compatible with many things people don't realize like games.

Really, then why is android the only one, excuse me correction... Why has the mobile platform stop using it then? HTML5 is the new web standard, it just may take developers time to get use to it. It must be better if Adobe agrees to start working with it.

androidcues

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
That would be funny if Adobe turned around and says "ya know what nevermind Back to work!" and then Microsoft is left having to drag their Silverlight hacks back to the table.

I think we are done with Flash.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Appoogle User

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Explain this to me. So you can't make games with HTML5? I'm sure that's not what you mean as their is a website called HTML5games.com. If HTML5 isn't better than why is it being adopted by not only the mobile platform, but every browser is being judged by its ability to conform to HTML5 as the new standard. Flash had its time, but not its time is over.

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Explain this to me. So you can't make games with HTML5? I'm sure that's not what you mean as their is a website called HTML5games.com. If HTML5 isn't better than why is it being adopted by not only the mobile platform, but every browser is being judged by its ability to conform to HTML5 as the new standard. Flash had its time, but not its time is over.

Exactly, I totally agree.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't debate that HTML5 is the future, but in the meantime there's a lot of stuff you can't view on the web without Flash.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Only because those websites aren't using HTML5 yet.
Exactly, and until they do the content is inaccessible without Flash. Until all (or at least the big ones) switch, Flash compatibility will continue to be relevant to mainstream end users.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1