how do i remove ICS???

rh1991

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded ICS on my Nexus S for t-mobile. I F*ING HATE IT!!!! how do I downgrade back to my perfect 2.3.6 software. With ICS I can't get into the web pages that I need for work. I may have to get a new phone now. Thanks a lot Google now I'm totally boned!!!

NerdyNugget

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I would do a factory reset. That should restore the phone for you.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Factory reseting will not work, when you update a device through OTA it rewrites the recovery, the only way to downgrade to your phone is to unlock the bootloader and flash it through ODIN

wings64

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1. You need to unlock your bootloader.
2. You need to root your phone.
3. You need to flash a custom recovery that allows ROM downgrades (clockworkmod)
4. For Nexus S. find the appropriate FULL ROM on XDA Developers here (create an account, contribute, best android resource)
5. Using clockworkmod recovery, flash the appropriate FULL GB 2.3.6 ROM.
6. You are back to stock.

jasonkiley

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I need to remove ICS as well, it's a step backwards, having trouble finding KE7 firmware link that works, any help would be appreciated. I shouldn't work on cars & phones esp if they're working okay

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty shocked i've never seen anyone say ICS is backwards, ICS brings Android past iOS finally. Give it a chance.

Also Swype beta works fine with ICS, I have Swype on my Galaxy Nexus.

thurmma

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
ICS has rendered my RAZR a POS! This is a major step backwards as one of the previous posts stated. The browser that used to work nicely is now a useless piece of crap. The previous updates were good to go. This is a big mistake that unfortunately I can't reverse. Looks like Google is learning lessons in forcing users handsf rom Apple. Time to find a phone that hasn't been updated or heaven forbid buy an iPhone.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Try going to verizon and complaining. Maybe they'll give you an new one without ICS then you can try to delay the update as much as you can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
ICS has rendered my RAZR a POS! This is a major step backwards as one of the previous posts stated. The browser that used to work nicely is now a useless piece of crap. The previous updates were good to go. This is a big mistake that unfortunately I can't reverse. Looks like Google is learning lessons in forcing users handsf rom Apple. Time to find a phone that hasn't been updated or heaven forbid buy an iPhone.

Wow. Can't be serious...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My Swype works fine as well on my Razr. My cousin's doesn't work, i think he has an HTC

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And plus ics brings something to the browser that I love FLASH past versions of Android couldn't do it nether could apple

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair