ICS losing internet connection on tablet

tvirt

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an Asus transformer tablet. Since the ICS update I've consistently lost internet connection at home. I need to reset my router every time to get the connection back. I've "forgotten" several times & reconnected. Don't know what else to do. It's annoying.

Nbot

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: ICS losing/lost internet connection on Nexus tablet - Dlink DIR-655 N Router - Update Firmware

I was having a similar problem on my brand new Nexus 7 Tablet (running Jelly Bean), but also any other Android device, if I connected to the internet at home, it would connect but a) would not stay connected after going to sleep, and b) would make all other devices currently connected on the router fail. The only way that I could fix this, was to reset the router, but the problem would just repeat, so I could only use one device at a time.

What fixed the issue for me after tinkering around with static IP's or manually assigning IP's etc, was I upgraded the firmware on my Dlink (through the 192.168.0.1 settings access) and for whatever reason, that solved both issues! Now I can stay online consistently and with multiple laptops/android devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac