When will ICS mature into a glitch-free OS?

Upgrading to ICS

• Total voters

palm3x

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Anytime there is a release of a new Operating System (Android, Windows, whatever) you get a bunch of new features and useful upgrades. However, you usually also get a few glitches. Favorite programs don't work on the new OS, some hardware drivers cause problems, etc. That's not a complaint, it's just a fact of life that the developers can't possibly test every piece of hardware and every single app with the new OS, so some glitches are inevitable. The major problems are fixed in the updates.

I've just gotten my first Android tablet and am very pleased with Honeycomb 3.2. The manufacturer is supposed to release ICS later this month. Which brings me to the eternal question of: Do I go for the New and hope everything works? Or do I wait for 4.1 or 4.2 to come out with the bug fixes? This is complicated by the fact that it appears that switching back to Honeycomb from ICS is a definite pain.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your concerned with ICS update problems, then maybe you should hold off on immediately updating to ICS. Let your fellow tab owners update and throw out some feedback after a few days/week of usage... Make your decision from there.

As far as ICS in general, I think its turning out from the start to be one of the better updates for overall out of the box success. Sure its had its own little share of bugs and glitches but I think stacked up against previous Android OS updates ICS has been the better of them all.

stimpy01234

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're willing to live with a few quirks of a new PAID suggest waiting for ICS to become a little more mainstream before upgrading.

Although being a GNex user I can say that the issues I've experienced were only minor

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac