Do you Like or Dislike ICS?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I like ICS. The experience os what Android should have been from the beginning and the over-all UI is great. I'm glad my device is getting it. Although it will be Wiz'ed, there are ways to get a near stock experience with little hassle.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I love it on my rezound, especially with closing running apps by swiping them away, battery life is better as well!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Being as ICS is my first venture into Android on my Acer A100,I am liking it a lot! There are several things that are similar to WP7 aesthetically, but with more functionality. However I do wish there was a way to call up a screen calibrator. Seems my fingers and the screen get out of whack. Overall though I think the bot's ICS is great!

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Umm, are you sure? I'm talking about when you are in the middle of writing a text or email. Try it. If you start a text or start writing an email, swiping down doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see how you can make the keyboard drop out of sight and then call it back up like you can with the single hide keyboard key on HTC keyboards. To get it back, you just tap in the compose window of the text or email. Does ICS have this ability? I don't see it.

I like it overall, just would like to find a way to get a few of these quick efficiency features that HTC Sense has and stay with ICS.

When I call up the keyboard on my Acer A100 the back arrow changes to a down arrow which hides the keyboard. But I can scroll up the underlying page without hiding the keyboard too which is nice.

This arrow directional change is visible for the standard keyboard as well as the downloaded Thumboard4.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Overall I like it. There are a few lil things I dont like. Mainly the big head icons where pics go and the baby blue color.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I love ICS!!! It's so beautiful. Battery life is also better, at least standby is.....on my GNEX anyways.

I really like the data usage in the settings, although I'm on unlimited so it doesn't matter to me. But it's cool to see what apps are data heavy.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Overall I like it. There are a few lil things I dont like. Mainly the big head icons where pics go and the baby blue color.

The blue looks a lot better than the green they were using. Easier on the eyes. Especially at night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Who wouldn't like ics besides apple

This just in apple patents operating systems named after sweets

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835