Do you Like or Dislike ICS?

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I like ICS it takes some getting used to running it on my Galaxy Nexus due to not having a physical menu button, or any buttons for that matter, but I like it so far. The thing I love the most is how it has become more user friendly in my eyes.

nofinguey

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have 5 Sprint Nexus S's for each of my family members. CreamSandwich came in and gutted my phone, took many of the features I liked, and brought a new world of glitches and downgrades. Apparently there's no way to uninstall it or reset. The problem is, we've spent the past year teaching my elderly parents and autistic brother how to work the old version and now I have to start over. I'm ready to pay the canx fee at Sprint and boycott google/android for the rest of my life. This really sucks.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have 5 Sprint Nexus S's for each of my family members. CreamSandwich came in and gutted my phone, took many of the features I liked, and brought a new world of glitches and downgrades. Apparently there's no way to uninstall it or reset. The problem is, we've spent the past year teaching my elderly parents and autistic brother how to work the old version and now I have to start over. I'm ready to pay the canx fee at Sprint and boycott google/android for the rest of my life. This really sucks.

Wtf is u talking bout lol good riddins IMHO pics is wayyyyyyy more better than gb and my ns4g runs glitch free :confused:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

nofinguey

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Considering the join date, and the fact it's a first post. Looks like they're trolling... Just sayin! ICS rules btw!

Sorry, I should have joined a few weeks before the new software gutted my phone so that my complaint would be valid. Glad y'all are enjoying the new system, but that doesn't change the issues I've encountered.
"the troll"

DrDubzz

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
IMO, ICS was a tremendous upgrade over all of the previous versions. The functionality is incredible, it's actually more intuitive than I realized. I do cool things by accident all the time :cool:

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I should have joined a few weeks before the new software gutted my phone so that my complaint would be valid. Glad y'all are enjoying the new system, but that doesn't change the issues I've encountered.
"the troll"

Not to sound lick a total ahole here. But if its such a hassle to teach these family members the upgraded os, I gotta ask, why did you buy these phones for them. I told my parents to get iPhones so my brother would be hassled not me. I love ICS, and I think its a way more user friendly than previous versions. And once again I'm not attacking. Besides iPhones may get upgraded to the newest versions. But old iPhones lack new features and you'd have to teach the new iPhones to them again. May not be as in depth but still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: aeiou

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
"the troll"
I'll ask a few different questions...

Why didn't you tell everyone not to upgrade the phones? You had a choice. The OTA wasn't mandatory.

What loss are you talking about? I lost no functionality when going from Gingerbread to ICS. The position and functionality of my app icons remained intact. The unlock screen looks different, but you have the choice to remove the unlock screen entirely. I doubt your elderly parents or autistic brother keep valuable secrets on their phones.

If, for some odd reason, things changed, why can't you set up their phones exactly the way they had them?

The reason people called you a troll is because you gave little info and the info you gave makes no sense.

Lastly, because it's Android, you have the ability to go back to Gingerbread. Root the devices and install a Gingerbread rom. It's as easy as hell on a Nexus S. Once rooted, the phones will no longer do OTA updates... not that there are any more coming. ;-)

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty happy with GB, but I absolutely love ICS so far. The interface is silky smooth, and I really feel like they hit that fine line where there is enough eye-candy to be appealing without going over the top. I have all the same functionality that I did before, with a lot of extras added in. I've also been noticing improved battery life on my NS4G since the upgrade.

While it got frustrating at times waiting for the official ICS release, I'm glad they took the time to get it right.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I came from a GSM Galaxy S II running Gingerbread 2.3.6 (...no battery problems for me...) and have a WiFi-only Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Honeycomb 3.2.

Gingerbread was a real solid system for me, Honeycomb has been "okay" to "okay+".

I picked up a GSM Galaxy Nexus two weeks ago, immediately flashed the latest Google factory images (yakju 4.0.4) and couldn't be happier. I love ICS!

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

i'm sorry but you are insane, pretty much every tech site rates ICS as a major improvement and rivals iOS. I guess the saying that you can't please everyone is true.

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Love the ICS update. Interface is a huge improvement and same with some Google apps.

Battery life may be worse.

Nexus S

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Not to sound lick a total ahole here. But if its such a hassle to teach these family members the upgraded os, I gotta ask, why did you buy these phones for them. I told my parents to get iPhones so my brother would be hassled not me. I love ICS, and I think its a way more user friendly than previous versions. And once again I'm not attacking. Besides iPhones may get upgraded to the newest versions. But old iPhones lack new features and you'd have to teach the new iPhones to them again. May not be as in depth but still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thats what I was thinking too! He would be a perfect slave....I mean candidate for the iphone. Simple, intuitive and plain as hell. Perfect match for him!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000