Email accounts

yellowcake64

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

Upgraded to ICS today on my Galaxy S2. Unless I'm mistaken, the way it handles emails is different. I have three email accounts - gmail, a work email which syncs via Exchange and a personal account. Ignoring the gmail account as that has its own icon - with the previous OS I could tap the email icon and see both other accounts listed. Then I simply selected the email account I wanted to view.

I don't seem to be able to do this now. When I tap the email icon I go straight into the email account I was looking at previously. I can select the other account but it's now at the top of the screen so I effectively have to switch accounts. I actually want it back the way it was - able to see both accounts individually and select the one I want to view!

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks

YC

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
+1

It seems that the "mail inbox" shortcuts are missing in ICS (at least the ROMS I've loaded on my Evo3D so far) and only the "mail" shortcut is available where you have to select which account.

This sucks since I have a "mostly garbage" email and a "mostly important" email address and would prefer not to have to immediately check the app if I know the emails showing were from the "mostly garbage" account that i could check later.

joyineye

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I'm new here and I'm using a galaxy nexus. I finally figured out a way to have the combined view as default, but I'm not sure it's the same in other devices, you can try go to widgets > email, stick it on your home screen and you can see the option combined view. Thanks.