Hotmail Sending Problems

ozjonesyboi

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me out with my problem.

I am having real problems with sending emails from my Hotmail Account. I currently have an HTC One X, but I also had the same issue on the Galxy Nexus.

Hotmail was working without issue for about 3 months on the Galaxy Nexus, but it recently failed.

I am using the default email app and setting up using the 'Hotmail Wizard'. Everything sets up without issue and the server is listed as 'm.hotmail.com'. I receive emails, but when I send them they stay in the Outbox and I get an error message that the were unable to be sent. Occasionally they may then send up to 24 hours later!

I have veriied that there is not an issue with the Hotmail account by setting it up on various iOS and BlackBerry devices without issue.

I also have a managed exchange account and a gmail account which send with no problems,

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have run out of ideas!

Thanks in advance..

hillclimbgirl

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the self same problem.

All was fine on my HTC running Froyo, but I have recently changed to another phone which runs ICS.

I can receive emails, though not with any regularity - I have it set at 5 minute sync - but outgoing emails just sit in the outbox.

I have tried with the outgoingport set as 25 and and 587 with wifi on and with it off but to no avail. Can anyone help please? I am not very techie so keep it simple please!!

VincentMacmanus

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid 4, running Android 4.0.4. I'm having the same issue, but with an added twist. My Hotmail account was able to receive, but only if I manually synced it. I removed and re-added the account on the phone, and found that after doing so, the account would not sync at all. I then tried the Hotmail app as still1 suggested, and found that it worked perfectly. I also experimented a little by trying another mail client, whick was the K9 Mail app. K9 also synced without any issues. There are tons of reports of this issue all over the place, and it seems to not be specific to any one manufacturer. The only thing in common with any of the reports are that they're all Android devices, although admittedly I didn't look for any other phone OS issues.

I'm confused by the issue, since it certainly seems to only happen with the stock email apps, which doesn't make much sense, since those apps are usually specific to the manufacturer of the phone. I think my next step should be to call Microsoft and find out if they're experiencing any issues with POP3 accounts on Hotmail, and then, if nothing turns up from that, maybe I'll call Motorola to see what they have to say about this...it's very strange.

*UPDATE*
I'm still playing around with this, and found that everything syncs correctly if I select the "other" option when setting up the account. The odd thing, is that rather than giving me options like POP3 or anything else, it automatically detects that this is an account that uses EAS, and says that EAS support is provided by Emtrace, and then proceeds like a normal account configuration, and even works correctly with push email.

After looking around on Microsoft's support pages, I found that some changes were made to the EAS protocol, which many stock email apps do not support. Microsoft does not claim responsibility for this issue, regardless of the number of devices affected. It seems that the issue was first noticed in their corporate cloud offering Office 365. Another unfortunate thing, is that Motorola doesn't seem to be doing much about this either, or any other phone manufacturer either for that matter, they blame Microsoft for changing the protocol.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney