ICS update on Razr Maxx (lots of bugs)

Nanite2ender

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Razr Maxx to ICS this morning and I noticed a lot of bugs.

1.) I had to restart my phone several times before there was no lag
2.) Any app that is somehow integrated with facebook crashes. Facebook won't even load
3.) My gallery app crashes
4.) When taking a screen shot, the "photo being saved" notification remains in my notifications window for a very long time

That's all I've noticed so far. I'm still playing with all my apps to figure out what works and what doesn't

Thoughts??

Nanite2ender

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
it also appears that when I go into settings, almost everything I click on pops up a force close message.

Is there a way to go back to gingerbread and re-download/install ics?

katgray60

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
My update was also 6/14! But since I'm kind of a rookie, I have a question please. After ice cream update, every time I download an app, it automatically puts icon on my homepage. I found it once, but can't locate again, how to stop this. Any help? Thnx!

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My update was also 6/14! But since I'm kind of a rookie, I have a question please. After ice cream update, every time I download an app, it automatically puts icon on my homepage. I found it once, but can't locate again, how to stop this. Any help? Thnx!

it's in the google play settings

Reactions: katgray60

FLEJ

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Razr Maxx to ICS this morning and I noticed a lot of bugs.

1.) I had to restart my phone several times before there was no lag
2.) Any app that is somehow integrated with facebook crashes. Facebook won't even load
3.) My gallery app crashes
4.) When taking a screen shot, the "photo being saved" notification remains in my notifications window for a very long time

That's all I've noticed so far. I'm still playing with all my apps to figure out what works and what doesn't

Thoughts??

Yes. I have a Verizon Moto RAZR and downloaded ICS yesterday. IMO, the whole process is entirely flawed. This is a major operating system upgrade, and there has been no pre-load push of how-to info, what functions have changed, how to "fix" known problems, and generally what any responsible professional company should do before plopping this on paying clients. Local Verizon staff are equally in the dark, and when I called to ask what to do with obvious problems they simply didn't know. While ICS resembles the previous OS, it is different enough to baffle and befuddle me from the moment I turned it on. Many new features so far appear to be a royal PITA, and some decisions seem to be market, rather than user, driven. For example, the OS shut down all of my e-mail accounts because of a lack of "Security Certificate", and I had to scramble on-line to find a solution to what should have never happened. Also, the 4G/3G buttons have been eliminated, leaving the default choice to "Global", which in itself was a complete surprize. As I am in a 4G weak broadcast zone, I have to toggle (with the previous OS, but this didn't use to be difficult) between the two in order to keep the system from dodging back and forth and killing the battery. I did find an online work around, but this is a stupid little move by either Verizon or Google for no purpose I can discern, other than to force everyone to be on 4G.
This situation, I am sure, is only the beginning of how not to handle a major system upgrade and I expect a lot more bugs and general problems to come. This is starting to feel like a "Microsoft" style of intro, using the end clientele as beta guinea pigs.
I don't like it.

rsmusic

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
wheres the payphone

Oye....ics had down loaded..couldnt stop it..shut my mobile data off..but I obviously had to turn it back on because that's what this phone is for. After download I did not opt to install I clicked install later and 3 hours later noo 4g noo 3g oye.. so I had to install it. Different day same usage and my battery is down 20% from 90 to 70% I am not happy about that to say the least, also hdmi video quality has decreased. The two main reasons for getting this phone are now sadly limping away..thinking of a factory reset? Will that bring back the upright walking gingerbread??? The phone is running excessively hotter to. Whatever you guys have done to my phone please make it stop..update please and does anyone really need to have a notification on there input device...uh i think my keyboard is a good indicator..that is way overkill..when i enter into my app screen with my phone held horizontally the aps stay vertical and in hdmi mode its the opposite and wont go vertical. A reset seems like an option only if it brings back my previous otc. Anyone anyone..bueller?

Last edited:

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The force closes might be caused by an app that isn't yet up to date for ics. And fb just sucks no matter what most of the time. It's bad programming. It's hit or miss if it works well on your device or not. The last 4 updates or so for fb have all been . Laggy as hell or "no connection" error

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

pay homage

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My media app crashes. None of my media files work. All my media apps either crash, or show no media. Like wth vzw moto n google.
Even before ics my phone put over 1000 songs in a lost folder and renamed them.
Missing my storm 2 right now.

Helron

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have a Verizon Moto RAZR and downloaded ICS yesterday. IMO, the whole process is entirely flawed. This is a major operating system upgrade, and there has been no pre-load push of how-to info, what functions have changed, how to "fix" known problems, and generally what any responsible professional company should do before plopping this on paying clients. Local Verizon staff are equally in the dark, and when I called to ask what to do with obvious problems they simply didn't know. While ICS resembles the previous OS, it is different enough to baffle and befuddle me from the moment I turned it on. Many new features so far appear to be a royal PITA, and some decisions seem to be market, rather than user, driven. For example, the OS shut down all of my e-mail accounts because of a lack of "Security Certificate", and I had to scramble on-line to find a solution to what should have never happened. Also, the 4G/3G buttons have been eliminated, leaving the default choice to "Global", which in itself was a complete surprize. As I am in a 4G weak broadcast zone, I have to toggle (with the previous OS, but this didn't use to be difficult) between the two in order to keep the system from dodging back and forth and killing the battery. I did find an online work around, but this is a stupid little move by either Verizon or Google for no purpose I can discern, other than to force everyone to be on 4G.
This situation, I am sure, is only the beginning of how not to handle a major system upgrade and I expect a lot more bugs and general problems to come. This is starting to feel like a "Microsoft" style of intro, using the end clientele as beta guinea pigs.
I don't like it.

Go to Appstore and get LTE ON/OFF. Follow directions for 3g. Works like a charm on Razr!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad