how to check for app updates

hombre_jaguar

May 21, 2012
Visit site
In mine I just go to the Google play store and it'll automatically check for updates on all my apps. Then you can either install them all or click on the individual app name to update specific ones. Hope that made sense! :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

saylerboi

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The first answer is the correct one. I am new to this forum and I hope when I do have a serious question that whoever answers would have the courtesy to read the question all the way to the end so as to avoid giving out erroneous information.

zealousquiche

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No. I've often found out from FB or friends, that an app has an update out there I could get yet my phone hasn't prompted me to get the update. I wanted to know also if there's a way to FORCE my Play Store to do a check for available updates but I don't think it does. What I have found helps is restarting the whole phone and that sometimes kicks the Store to go out and look.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When there are app updates I get notifications in my top bar that tells me. Even tells me how many 3,4,5,how ever many there are. So the answer to your question is yes. Go into settings in the catalog and check it out.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way force the phone to check for updates on all installed apps?

No. I've often found out from FB or friends, that an app has an update out there I could get yet my phone hasn't prompted me to get the update. I wanted to know also if there's a way to FORCE my Play Store to do a check for available updates but I don't think it does. What I have found helps is restarting the whole phone and that sometimes kicks the Store to go out and look.

When there are app updates I get notifications in my top bar that tells me. Even tells me how many 3,4,5,how ever many there are. So the answer to your question is yes. Go into settings in the catalog and check it out.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

You phone will check once a day for updates to your apps -- which may not appear in the Play Store until that has happened.

You used to be able to enter *#*#2432546#*#* from the dialer and it would force a checkin to the playstore to see if any of your apps needed updates, however I just tried this on my Galaxy S3 running JB and it didn't work.

I'm not sure if there is a working method for newer phones or not...