Someone Please Help ICS Freeze/Reboot

adam7862

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi im from the UK, i bought a sensation xe off eBay. The seller said it was rooted and s-off, when i got the phone and tried turning it onit wouldnt go past animation screen. After reading on the net i reset to factory settings and installed a stock RUU.

Problem is all the ICS ROMs that i use make the phone unusable. After installing ICS rom the following things happen, phone freezes and then resarts after few minutes of use, screen becomes fuzzy like phone cant cope and sometimes a long constant loud beep sound and then the phone restarts.

Weird thing is these problems only happen on ICS, if i install a 2.3.4 ROM the phone works perfectly. Have also tried installed ics ota. Surely cant be a hardware fault if older android works fine?

Heres my phones info while running 2.3.4:

Software Number: 1.73.401.4

Pyramid PVT Ship S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.18.0000
Radio-10.14.9035.02_2

Sorry for rambling, please help.

Thanks

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi im from the UK, i bought a sensation xe off eBay. The seller said it was rooted and s-off, when i got the phone and tried turning it onit wouldnt go past animation screen. After reading on the net i reset to factory settings and installed a stock RUU.

Problem is all the ICS ROMs that i use make the phone unusable. After installing ICS rom the following things happen, phone freezes and then resarts after few minutes of use, screen becomes fuzzy like phone cant cope and sometimes a long constant loud beep sound and then the phone restarts.

Weird thing is these problems only happen on ICS, if i install a 2.3.4 ROM the phone works perfectly. Have also tried installed ics ota. Surely cant be a hardware fault if older android works fine?

Heres my phones info while running 2.3.4:

Software Number: 1.73.401.4

Pyramid PVT Ship S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.18.0000
Radio-10.14.9035.02_2

Sorry for rambling, please help.

Thanks

You may need to S-ON again, then run the RUU, and then flash the ROM of your choosing with S-ON and you should also consider maybe getting a better HBoot image. (Be extremely careful when choosing an HBoot image: a wrong one or bad one could render your phone a brick.)

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2