My Maxx is melting! 3 phones in two weeks!

Selrem

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my new Razr Max at full retail when it became available. After ICS upgrade I noticed phone was getting very hot. Battery life dropped and phone was opening apps when I was no where near it. 2 weeks ago it heated up very fast during standard call. It burned my hand! Black screen, switched to my old Incredible until Verizon sent refurbished one. I had the new one for only 1 day and it heated/locked up also. Activated the THIRD one a few hours ago and was able to sneak in 4 calls before I felt it again. Going back tomorrow. Also says to install sym card when it's already in. Any clues? Verizon tells me that it must be Motorola problem and they have never heard of this.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my new Razr Max at full retail when it became available. After ICS upgrade I noticed phone was getting very hot. Battery life dropped and phone was opening apps when I was no where near it. 2 weeks ago it heated up very fast during standard call. It burned my hand! Black screen, switched to my old Incredible until Verizon sent refurbished one. I had the new one for only 1 day and it heated/locked up also. Activated the THIRD one a few hours ago and was able to sneak in 4 calls before I felt it again. Going back tomorrow. Also says to install sym card when it's already in. Any clues? Verizon tells me that it must be Motorola problem and they have never heard of this.

I had 6 Motorola phones through VZW in a one month timespan, but morons on this board continue to crow endlessly about how "Moto build quality is the best" "they have the best radios" blah blah blah. Here's another example for you all...

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I had 6 Motorola phones through VZW in a one month timespan, but morons on this board continue to crow endlessly about how "Moto build quality is the best" "they have the best radios" blah blah blah. Here's another example for you all...

Strange, I've had two Motorola Phones in about a year. (Just to upgrade, nothing wrong. And peoples OG Droid still works just fine.)

Though yes, Ice Cream Sandwhich has dropped battery life, so a software side of things. Think Hotness was reported too. Sorry for bad experiences!