What's the difference between Task Manager vs Application Monitor RAM Clear memory?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Android(less than a month) and I confused about Tasks in ICS OS.

I have GS III and I don't want to break the home screen button by holding it to get Task Manager so I can close apps. The Samsung Apps had something called "Application Monitor" which has a shortcut to default RAM manager. I noticed when I close apps using that, I increase the RAM but when I hold my home button it still shows up with a long list of apps with "Remove all". Do I have to remove apps from that in order to save battery and RAM? or is it just a list? What's the difference between Task Manager(pull up by the home button) and Application Monitor(open by App monitor widget)?

I rather not break my home screen button by pressing it all the time.

Thank you.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
ok I have not used s3 for long so i am going to explain to you what i know.

ICS has a feature called recent app list, that's what you see when you hold your home button.
but you can close the app by swiping left or right but i believe Samsung added close all option(not sure) to the recent app list.
Its not an app manager but a way to see recent app you opened + multitasking and close it from there. and my guess is even if you close the app from home button it is still loaded is memory as cached process to improve speed when you open it next time. This is just my guess but have no proof if that is how it works.

the Samsung app you see is the app manager that samsung build so when you close apps using that app there would still be an entry in recent app list.

I wouldnt worry about recent app list just use the app manager like i do. i use ATK app manager to kill apps but use recent app for multitasking if i need to open a recent app.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
@still1, Thank you so much... I have broke the home screen button on several phones before. That's why I asked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer