"Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back..

jp4021

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
"Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back..

I have never had a smart phone before about 6 months ago - and finally got used to this one.
Anyway, I was prompted for a software update yesterday evening. Didn't think much of it, hit update, waited the ~15mins and reboot time.
Nevertheless, I was SHOCKED when the phone was functional again:
It was literally like a whole new phone. I made a list and could name NUMEROUS things I absolutely hated about it. I am an incredibly particular person as well (and obsessive compulsive.) Notably, the OK and Cancel buttons were flipped in various screens - WHO DESIGNED THIS AND CHANGES SUCH IMPORTANT BUTTONS ??
I was very close to throwing my phone out the car window.

Well the next day I immediately went to one local Verizon store, which informed me there was nothing they could do. I just wanted to go back in time, and erase the update I had done!!! Shouldn't be THAT difficult.....!!
He gave me LG customer service number, even though the problem seemed to be a DROID operating system one. This was ruining my day. I called and was told they could do nothing also. I told him I was smashing my phone and hung up.
I then proceeded to go to yet another local Verizon store, and after hearing my story the very helpful gentleman informed me that he too hated the new update and knew how to switch back (after doing so on his phone.) He stated that he could not do it for me though.

I got informed I was running a program called Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.1 but that had now been changed to Jelly Bean v. 4.0.4.
He instructed me to search on google and find the executable ICS file, and download it. This would allow me to install and "flash" back to previous version.
I read the file was approx 384MB so quite large. I also saw some directions online that required a computer to download, go into the downloaded folder, then eventually transfer to phone via USB cable - he mentioned nothing of this....?!?!

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING & SEARCHING online for hours now but cannot find this fricking program to download. I don't want to involve a computer, just want to download directly on my phone. Can someone please LINK ME a file sharing program or website that I can begin this download from ???
It is now 9PM and I almost feel like I've wasted an entire day. I have searched every term under the sun:
how to download ice cream sandwich
download ice cream sandwich android
lg lucid download ice cream sandwich
ice cream sandwich software for lg lucid
ice cream sandwich rom lg lucid
droid ice cream sandwich program file
ice cream sandwich version 4.0
download ice cream sandwich 4.0
where to download ice cream sandwich from
where can i download ice cream sandwich 4.0
help finding ice cream sandwich 4.0
droid ice cream sandwich for lg lucid
Plus about 30 others, going through about 10 google pages on each term. FRUSTRATING AS HELL.

Thanks for all your help folks - and UP YOURS Android Jellybean developers, your program sucks!!!!!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back..

ok first off, I am guessing that it is the LG lucid.

next 4.0.4 is still ICS and it was a pretty minor update.

Next you can follow this guide here to get back to stock:
http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/654009-guide-unbrick-lg-lucid.html

I do want to say that that was not Jellybean, it was just an update. I cannot say how LG messed it up, but I can tell you that I do not remember any buttons flipped around or half the other things you mentioned. It has to be the skin that LG puts on

If you need help let me know

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Jellybean" Software Update was a TERRIBLE Decision, Want "Ice Cream Sandwich" Back..

Everyone loves the Pizzadude. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Wow.
Somebodies Jimmies are all rustled.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I think youare victim of phone that have one leg in 2.3 (OEM skin) and one leg in 4.0 (system it self). New glidlines swaps positive buttons with negative, in general all this swap should happen to all software that register buttons right (Developer need to define postive, negative and neutral buttons), but some might be done wrong or use some old custom dialog system.

Pro tip?get use to it :p

jp4021

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much for the insightful replies gentleman!!!
Curious why the developers switch the positive negative and neutral buttons as mentioned above
Yes i have LG Lucid 4G
Appreciate all the help, best to all

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much for the insightful replies gentleman!!!
Curious why the developers switch the positive negative and neutral buttons as mentioned above
Yes i have LG Lucid 4G
Appreciate all the help, best to all

Google is one that switched them, probably due some human instinct test or to fit to other OS musle memory... or Apple patented button order lol :p

kprice8

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

I recently updated to Android Version 4.1.2 . I have the Razr MAXX, and wish I had not upgraded from ICS 4.0.4 .. I have been unable to use my phone for WiFi tether since. I was using FoxFi and have grandfathered unlimited from Verizon. Can ANYONE help me get back to what I had? I miss it so.

Thanks

Kevin

Josh Gardner

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I had the exact same problem on my tablet. I know exactly how this guy feels. I loved my tablet and now ill never use android or samsung again. How could you send out an update that completely downgrades my tablet! I am so upset about this its giving me anxiety! Google is all screwed up, facebook is way too large and wont work. Why dont u guys do something useful and sent another upgrade with icecream sandwich! :mad:

Josh Gardner

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Same just happend to my tablet, word for word. Im so pissed at android. And the support team that says oh well! If u find a solution let me know and ill do the same

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Wait so let me get this right. Your complaining about an app that Google doesn't make and not being able to tether for free, which again google has nothing to do with, either from the app or the carrier aspect.

But it is all googles fault.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

nai11

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I updated to Jelly Bean and now my S3 takes over 8 hours to charge when plugged into the wall D':

batikdruid

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I left mine plugged in overnight, and it said 70% charged one night and 80% charged the next. I guess eventually I'll get there.

batikdruid

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Kevin, I'm sorry I don't think you can get what you want. I've been back and forth with customer service (useless) and filed a complaint to the BBB, and Verizon expedited support called me - "tried" to help but I already had all the things checked that they suggested (like I didn't know to do that, but whatever) - and the fact is, they don't CARE that JB stinks, and that you want ICS back. They don't care, and aren't going to let us have what we want. i am also going to complain to Samsung about how this has ruined my experience with my expensive phone, and won't buy again. This is $##*& rap.

Keonte Summers

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

What If I Have The Lg Motion 4g , With Ice Cream Sandwhich , But Dont Have The Real UI On It ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol