Angry Birds Star Wars wont start on my HKC with Andriod 4.0

Abigail Reiber

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought the full version of the game with google play and it downloaded, but when i try to start the game the screen goes black for a second and then returns to the previous screen.

sswift1972

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I upgraded to the latest Android version available on the HKC website, and nothing. Actually, none of the angry birds games work.

Really frustrating, since it's my son's favorite game.

Jynxx

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I bought an HKC for my son and daughter for Christmas and none of the angry birds games will play on it. I'm doing a software update now on the HKC to see if that fixes the problem.

Edit: I also updated to the latest software and still no angry birds.

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Some one posted this on a wal-mart forum

I emailed HKC and the answer from them was that only the original Angry Birds and Rio are currently able to run (however none of them are running on the 3 that we bought). They said that they will be doing an update shortly that should resolve the problem and they would email me to inform me. My suggestion is for you to email them and wait for the update notification.

Abigail Reiber

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I looked all over for anyone who had this issue and saw nothing. Glad you all replied so i know i am not the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you get to the amazon app store on the hkc?

i was able to download the angry bird free from the amazon app store. That one did work. I also downloaded the star wars
version (that one did not work).

Abigail Reiber

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
What email did you use (i.e. who should we contact?)

Some one posted this on a wal-mart forum

I emailed HKC and the answer from them was that only the original Angry Birds and Rio are currently able to run (however none of them are running on the 3 that we bought). They said that they will be doing an update shortly that should resolve the problem and they would email me to inform me. My suggestion is for you to email them and wait for the update notification.

Terrence Bracken

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I also bought 3 for my kids as christmas presents. I had them 3 weeks early and connected to WiFi easily, setup parental controls as much as i could, and downloaded all their favorite apps that they had on our phones. Didn't think to test them considering these tablets seemed to be plenty powerful. Christmas day I get the news that they can't play angry birds - any of the verisons, I have them all. Also have the bad piggies (even the HD one). Of all of these, bad piggies is the only one that does work. I get the same issue the OP posted, click the button, screen goes black for a second, then goes back to the button selection screen.

It seems like the device thinks it is running because when I look at the Apps, it shows that I can force close it, which isn't an option if you haven't tried running the game. All the other games the kids use do play, but the single most downloaded and favorite game - Angry Birds - doesn't work. very frustrating.

I also went to latest update, but the devices were already on the latest (i checked the version info pre and post update and it didn't change). i am frustrated with Android in general because there is no logging, no way to tell what is running currently, how much processor its taking or how much memory is required. There are no specs on the Play Store so that you have a clue pre download whether something will work. This is one this Apple has going for it. If its in the Apple Store, then it will work on your apple device. unfortunately I am not an Apple fanboy.

Cons of this device:
Screen glare
Poor viewing angle - if not looking at it almost straight on then the image is bad.
Web pages are sluggish
Battery life isn't that great, meaning approx 4 hours game or use time, then an equal amout of charge time. longer life for just book reading.
No usb charger - have to use wall charger
Runs hot - the right side is pretty hot with use, probably the processor or battery is under there.
Some pre-loaded apps that cannot be remove - like Korean text translate, facebook, twitter, AccuWeather, etc
No accelerameter (misspelled) or some of the other gizmos that other tablets have, so there are some games that won't work - ie, the ones that you tilt to control.
Only a front facing camera

Pros:
Price
Google App Store, and Google integration in general (NOTE: google doesn't allow for accounts for kids under 13, or Group/family accounts - so make one under your name and register all devices under this account (can have more than one google account assigned to the tablet if needed), then a purchase on this account can be loaded to all devices) -- ALSO, as a parent this is important - I can control what they download and install on the device from Google's website. I can see their browsing history and searches, see what they watched in YouTube, looked at on the web, etc.
WiFi - easy setup
32GB microsSD expansion
Plays most apps well
Downloaded Alkido - epub reader and works well
Youtube videos play (don't do the HD quality since it would be wasted on this display)

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with the 2 tablets I got my kids....but there is a temporary fix. You will need to find an older version of the Angry birds apk and side load them. I found the previous versions floating around and was able to side load them on the tablets and now Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds Space work. Angry Birds Star Wars does not. Just make sure that you tell Google Play to NOT automatically update them once you do this...at least until there is a permanent fix.

eboniwebber

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I am happy that I am not the only one having this problem. I bought the tablet for my 5 year older daughter for Christmas. I bought it mainly for Angry Birds.

Jen69

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I too bought this tablet plus paid for the different Angry Birds apps that do not work. Anyone know what is a reasonable time to expect a fix? We are debating about returning the tablet.

scaryspacedude

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife and my self are s3 users and love the phones, with the kids constantly draining the batteries playing angry birds. Two of my three boys got tablets for xmas the nine year old an ingo moshi monsters tablet and the 7 yr old a Kurio 7. The Kurio 7 comes with everything he wanted pre installed but the screen is disappointing the ingo on the other hand has a fantastic screen but has Amazon Apps pre installed, did you know that in Ireland you can't download from Amazon? no either did i. After having a well lets say pleasant conversation over the phone, bear in mind that i had a disappointed kid for two days i was told that play store is hidden on the device. Happy days got stuff for him like wheres my water, fruit ninja etc.. but like the users here i could download every Angry Birds but none of them would open...... any solutions out there?

phemmett

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got it to download from Amazon App store... works great on both of my HKC from walmart now!!

- - - Updated - - -

try Amazon apps... you download the app then you can download it for free.....

blueidokie

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact problem. I installed the amazon ap store from amazon's website (it walks you through the process) and then installed angry birds which worked fine.

Tip: If you have an amazon account already you are good to go. Otherwise, you must make an account and have a credit card on file. The angry bird ap is free but amazon still requires you to have a cc linked to your account to download free aps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer